Mark III volume Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CitizenMcBane

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here with a problem that just popped up today. I have a Mark III blue stripe I usually run 1/2 power on EL34's. Worked great for the about 14 months ive had it, no problems. Havent replaced the tubes myself, and dont know how old they are. Unplugged it and moved some stuff around (band got a new PA) and when I put it all back together I cant seem to get any real volume out of it at all. I turn up the master all the way and its not even louder than my strings. Im thinking maybe its the tubes, as my guitar worked perfectly fine through the other guitarists amp. Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks.

Maybe one of the tubes went loose... make sure they are all seated properly. If that doesn't fix it, I'd go for a retube. I'd go for a retube anyway after 14 months... that's a bit long.

CitizenMcBane said:
Hey guys, new here with a problem that just popped up today. I have a Mark III blue stripe I usually run 1/2 power on EL34's. Worked great for the about 14 months ive had it, no problems. Havent replaced the tubes myself, and dont know how old they are. Unplugged it and moved some stuff around (band got a new PA) and when I put it all back together I cant seem to get any real volume out of it at all. I turn up the master all the way and its not even louder than my strings. Im thinking maybe its the tubes, as my guitar worked perfectly fine through the other guitarists amp. Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks.

:wink:
Check the speaker wire .

Latest posts

Back