Mark III switching question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgcable

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Green stripe Simulclass with EQ and reverb.
My question is this... there is a footswitch jack on the front of the amp that seems to only work when the push pull pot for the pull lead/lead drive is pushed in. On this setting I get a great clean and a high gain tone when set at about 8 and I can switch between the 2 with the footswitch.
If I pull the pull lead/lead drive pot out.. the footswitch no longer works but I have a ton more gain.
Is this normal??

Totally normal. The pull-pot and the front foot switch do the same thing - switch from R1 to Lead. The foot switch only works if the pot is pushed in.

MrMarkIII said:
Totally normal. The pull-pot and the front foot switch do the same thing - switch from R1 to Lead. The foot switch only works if the pot is pushed in.

So that leads me to my next question.

I prefer the tone and gain of the lead channel but I need a footswitchable clean channel too.
Is this possible??

Also.. is there a way to footswitch between R1 and lead??

jgcable said:
MrMarkIII said:

So that leads me to my next question.

I prefer the tone and gain of the lead channel but I need a footswitchable clean channel too.
Is this possible??

Also.. is there a way to footswitch between R1 and lead??

Yeah, use the foot switch jack beneath the input jack. Preferably, plug a foot switch into it.
This jack switches between R1 and Lead.
Is it just me ...?

well.. call me a dummy but I still don't get it.

I have a jack in the front of the amp that switches between clean and rhythm 2

I have 2 jacks in the back. 1 is marked Rhythm 2
The other is marked reverb/EQ

I did what you guys said and I plugged the footswitch into the rear jack marked Rhythm 2.
What this jack does is switch my amp from Rhythm 2 (which is not clean) to Lead. This disables the ability to switch to the clean channel.

What I need to do is be able to switch from clean to Lead.

What am I missing here??

ev1ltwin said:
have two footswitches and hit them at the same time?

In the owners manual the footswitch diagram states that if I plug a footswitch into the front of the amp I can switch from Lead to selected rhythm (clean or crunch)
I can't figure out how to do it. When I plug in as they suggest I can only switch from clean to crunch. In order to get to lead I need to pull the pot which then disables the footswitch.

I'd rather call you a taxi.
The foot switch jack on the front panel, beneath the input jack, switches between R1 and Lead, not R1 (clean), and R2 (crunch).
The foot switch jack in the back, underneath the chassis, switches on R2, regardless of the position of the other foot switch.
Therefore, you can switch between R1 and R2,
R1 and Lead, or R2 and Lead.
For all this to work, the pull-pot switches on the Middle knob and the Lead Drive knob must be pushed in.
You're a taxi.

I now know that plugging the footswitch into the front of the amp switches from clean to Lead but I still have a question. When I am in the lead channel (the red led on the footswitch is not lit up) and I pull the pull lead pot I get a ton more gain and the footswitch no longer will switch from clean to lead. That is the tone I am looking for. Why does this happen? If I am already in the lead channel what is this channel called?
I want to be able to switch from this channel to clean.

I have no proof behind this, or any reason to suspect otherwise, but with all the weird mods people get done to their boogie amps, maybe at one point someone had the R2 and lead jacks reversed. Whats the result when switching using the R2 switching jack?

Latest posts

Back