Mark III - still turning heads.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
More or less just a reminder to Mark III owners (even though we already know 8) ):
After a bunch of consecutive shows, the Mark III still remains an avid topic of discussion after the stage. The amp is still turning heads for being a 25 year old amp, and still hanging with the best of them today. I've had enough conversations within the past few months to warrant a post here. Haha! I've even turned on another member of my band into looking for one in exchange for his 5150 rig. As a matter of fact, he's been begging me to sell him my other one, but that's not happening. Wait until he sees the other one coming in. :lol: :lol:

Anyways, giving a hats off to Boogie for producing such an amp to hold it's place well ahead of its time. These amps are beast.

love my III. Its going to the grave with me. People who havent played one are truly missing out.

You guys are the reason the prices on these things keep going up.

:lol:

boogiemon said:

The prices seem like they've been pretty stable for quite some time ( at least from what I've seen anyways). Although, I've noticed a few in the $1,200 range. :shock:

Well, i'm teasing a little bit, but from what i've seen they've gone from an average of ~$700 up to ~$950 in the last 2-3 years...

Neptical said:
boogiemon said:

The prices seem like they've been pretty stable for quite some time ( at least from what I've seen anyways). Although, I've noticed a few in the $1,200 range. :shock:

boogiemon said:
Well, i'm teasing a little bit, but from what i've seen they've got from an average of ~$700 up to ~$950 in the last 2-3 years...

Oh, ok. :lol:

Yeah, that's about right from what I've seen.

Paid a grand for my red... plus shipping.
3.gif

paid 850 - 950 shipped for my blue. cant remember which. Its actually the best money Ive spent for gear, ampwise.

I can see that the way people talk aboiut thier amps builds a hype to a pricepoint. You did see the IIC+ longhead that just sold for over $6k right? I would never have thought that dude was going to get what he was asking, let alone more. Hopefully the IIIs stay about where they are at. I know Ill never get rid of mine but if I ever decide to get another, Ill be able to afford it.

I just bought a red stripe combo for $800 shipped. It's been 6-7 years since I had a Mark III, I'm looking forward to it.

Facelift said:
paid 850 - 950 shipped for my blue. cant remember which. Its actually the best money Ive spent for gear, ampwise.

I can see that the way people talk aboiut thier amps builds a hype to a pricepoint. You did see the IIC+ longhead that just sold for over $6k right? I would never have thought that dude was going to get what he was asking, let alone more. Hopefully the IIIs stay about where they are at. I know Ill never get rid of mine but if I ever decide to get another, Ill be able to afford it.

yeah 6K is a lot, but he did sell it with $800 or more of tubes, and the price included shipping, so now he's down to only $5k. lol
and the market in europe... boogies are nearly twice as costly. not to mention scarcity. how many DRG long heads C+ are out there, not many. how many mark III? 13,000 or so? Everyone could have bought cremona's amp before he bought it. it was on ebay for $3150?, so he might make about $1500 off it. There are C+ out there for bargains. I only looked for 8 months and found 3 of them for great deals, one was a smokin' deal... ended up selling one, a 60 watt, but I miss it. I want a mark III bad too. maybe a green stripe. but I'm not worried about buying it anytime soon because their prices are pretty stable, anywhere from $700 to $950. That's just the way it is. It's an awesome amp, but supply/demand sort of helps dictate price. If I want a mark III all I need is to decide which flavor I want and grab it. If I want a C+ I have to search every day, a few times a day to find the model I want. Cremona's was the 2nd long head DRG i have seen for sale after about a year and half of searching. Long head C+'s sell for more $$$. The other was jeff watson's. night ranger. After the original Princeton modded boogies, what's the next rarest/awesome boogie after that? And all the hype in the world isn't gonna drive prices up and keep them up if the C+ can't back it up.

scott

1000 euro's (thats almost 1400$ !) is considered cheap for a mk3, here in the Netherlands...

Orpheo said:
1000 euro's (thats almost 1400$ !) is considered cheap for a mk3, here in the Netherlands...

yes, that's about double the price for a cheap mark III in the USA.

Wow, sweet...good to see some Mark III users here. 8)

OTHO - hopefully we can keep these prices down before I can get my hands on a few more. :lol:

Regardless of all the cool new models that Boogie puts out, and all the other fantastic amps available today with all their amazing features, I still rely upon my old MkIII for every gig. That's 22 years of constant use. Simply amazing. 8)

Thanks to Mesa Boogie for helping create so much sonic love!

kdorsey said:
Regardless of all the cool new models that Boogie puts out, and all the other fantastic amps available today with all their amazing features, I still rely upon my old MkIII for every gig. That's 22 years of constant use. Simply amazing. 8)

Thanks to Mesa Boogie for helping create so much sonic love!

I agree, and even though Boogie has put out numerous models over the years, the MarkIII is still the perfect fit for me. Wish I had bought one in the late 80's when I wanted one - instead of going through many of the other models only to return to what I originally wanted anyways. #foreheadslap

Funny to be playing alot of shows with fellas with Bogners,Diezels,Peavey's, etc and the III is still hanging tough.

I just downloaded a scanned copy of the 1984 boogie catalog. Very cool considering the Mark III was their flagship amp at the time.

Find it here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7668486/1984_Mesa-Boogie_Catalog.pdf

brion said:
I just downloaded a scanned copy of the 1984 boogie catalog. Very cool considering the Mark III was their flagship amp at the time.

Find it here

Brion..that's awesome,man. Thanks for sharing that!

You're welcome. I did not scan or host this someone else did. I'd download it sooner than later as it could be pulled down at any time. I printed it on 11x17 in full color gloss today but it was not taken apart when it was scanned so it can't be printed and stiched in it's original booklet form. I cut it down to 8.5x11 and placed the pages in order. Next I'm going to scan it back in then send it to the printer and set up the imposition so it prints back to it's original booklet form and size. I work for Xerox so I have these tools at my disposal. It won't be perfect but real close to it's original state.

It is awesome reading the marketing ad copy for my favorite Boogie amp.

brion said:

Find it here

"Treble shift - adds gain and balls in lead mode only"

lol, god I love Mesa.

Thanks for the great post! BTW, I have a few catalogs (mostly the new ones from when I worked as a Boogie salesman. The 40th ani one is really good if anyone wants me to scan it, and the year before when the Mark V and Electradyne came out)

Latest posts

Back