• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark III Simul Head ; 112 Cab with EVM12L

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Bummed out, but I have to make some hard choices to recoup funds for another guitar, so here goes:

Super clean Mark III Simulclass head, Green stripe:
- Graphic EQ
- No Reverb
- xlnt tubes, some NOS tubes! That means NOS Siemens EL34 from Mesa (these are $150, check it out), NOS RCA 12AT7 in PI and V1 positions. And a pair of Svetlana "Winged-C" 6L6. I arrived at this particular tonal recipe, but that's just me. But I will also include the factory Mesa 12AX7s with the auction (I think I have two, maybe three, will check) should you want to go back to factory settings. But the NOS-ers sound amazing ...I'd personally suggest sticking with the NOS ones!
- R2 volume-pot mod. Pot (factory Mesa) is on the rear of chassis next to presence control (where the reverb would be), and with Mesa factory knob so it looks like stock.
- MKIV head cab is like new condition, and better than the older MK cabs since it gives you front access to the preamp tubes. Has the "Boogie" badge on front.
- MesaBoogie Hollywood replaced two LDRs (channel switches on the PCB), and then gave her a clean bill of health ...not to mention commented on how clean she looks :) ).
- Face, knobs, look new, and whole amp looks killer.
- Whole amp sounds amazing ...a truly versatile tone machine with a very cool R2 sound.

Looking at $700 here. Add up the cost of the killer tubes (which help make the tone!). Or go back to stock if that's your thing and sell the NOS ones and recoup funds. Not to mention you would be verrrry hard pressed to find one in this nice a condition.

Cabinet:
- Open-backed cab from the 80s-90s ...fits perfectly (and attractively!) under the MKIII Head.
- EVM12L ...the venerable tone slayer. Excellent, no issues.
- Factory blonde tolex. And includes black vinyl cover. A few surface marks from mild wear, but no rips or marks ...this cab looks awesome. And though blonde in color, has the matching "boogie" badge.

Looking at $200 for this very clean cab. Check out the prices of just the EVM ...you're getting the rock-solid mesa cabiet for a song.

I will sell either, or both together. I've had them for several years now, and they have been lovingly played, and never abused. But I'm buying another guitar and have to find the dough somewhere (thankfully I have another Boogie :) ). You pick up shipping cost, of course. And rest assured I will pack it very well and send UPS ground insured, or whatever you prefer. I can provide whatever pics you like; give me an email address. I don't think I left anything out, but please feel free to ask questions. Thanks for looking!
:)

Edward

You have pics?

That seems like a pretty good price to me. If I hadnt just scooped up a mint condish loaded blue stripe I would be all over this.

Whoooewww, folks. Getting lots of PMs. I will sort them out and get back to you all. Thanks for looking ...and I'll get pics out to you who have requested them. Thanks, gents!

Edward

WOW! Ok, so my loss is obviously your gain. Given the enormous interest flooding my PM box, it suddenly appears to me that I have priced my baby low. Nevertheless, I know she will be going to a good home and will be lovingly appreciated ...heck, at least I still have another Boog and Thiele :)

So to minimize my emailing half the world, may I just post this link for pics. Those of you who have PM'd me, I will keep in contact with via PM.

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/993edward/Mesa%20Boogie/?albumview=slideshow

Oh, and to update, I will be including a 2-button footswitch that can control both R1/R2 and R1/Lead. It is an old Factory Mesa Switch that I modified ...not pretty, but works great.

Also note the rear of the head, I added protective aluminum rails to prevent the tubes from getting banged ...something the factory should have done IMHO. :)
Also note the handwritten initials (MB ...the man himself? nice, eh :) ), as well as the green stripe.
And yellow markings on the knobs are simply my settings ...those will rub right off.

As for the 112 Cab, on the rear of the cab, I affixed a piece of pine to reduce the opening a bit. I preferred the tone, but up to you whether you want to keep it.
Again, thank you, gents!

Edward

Hey dude, your photobucket is asking for a password!
Give 'er here! I wanna see some mark 3 pr0n. :D

Sorry, all. Try "Mesa" (without quotes) as the pw. I obviously don't know how to use Photobucket really well. Let me know if it still doesn't work. Thanks, guys!

Ed

Hey Edward,

I just tried it and the password didn't work. I couldn't even search for your user name without being asked for your password.

If you hover over an image that is in your album, you will see a list of links that pops up below it.
Go down to one called 'ISP' and click on it. It will say something like 'link copied.'
Then, just post that link here and the picture will show up on the thread.

Too bad I just got a smokin' deal on a Heartbreaker combo, I would have already scooped it up if it weren't for that.

UPDATE:
The MarkIII
head is "Sold" pending payment. All you good folks waiting in line, I have your line order ...I feel like I'm making pastrami rolls ...now serving #76 :)

And SO sorry about the link ...man I feel like a schmuck. I just found a setting in Photobucket to make the album "public" instead of password protected. I hope that does it. If it doesn't, then heck I'll email them to ya. Safe to say I'll never make it as a webmaster ;)

The 112 Cabinet with EVM12L
---- is "SOLD" pending payment.

Thank you, gents. I will update here as it is simpler for me than returning the numerous PMs. I appreciate your interest, all of you!
:)

Edward
(Edited 5/17 3:40pm PDT)

UPDATE to the Update:

Both Sold, all. Thank you all for expressing interest!

And thank you two gents for a perfect and pleasant transaction. My best to you both, and enjoy in the best of health!! I'll miss the cab, and especially that beauty of a MkIII, but am currently diggin the awesome acoustic I just nabbed so I'm not hurting too badly. May one never be without at least one Boogie! :D

Edward

Latest posts

Back