Mark III short head dimensions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petesilvo

Reaction score
First post... Newbie question... but couldn't find the info i needed on the board.

I'm ordering a custom airline case for my mark III so i can get it shipped safely to where i am but i don't have these details, can anyone please advise on what the dimensions are for a short head?? (W x L x H)

Appreciate it.

Mark III short head. Actually, it should be called a narrow head. Narrow is the opposite of wide. I always bring this up so don't feel special. LOL

Measurements are the wood cab only. Corners, handles, rubber feet, reverb tank overhang, power cable coiled on top, etc. vary. When shipping, always place the EQ sliders in the topmost position so they don't get hacked off. The A/C cable, or foot switches, etc., tucked inside the cab, will move around and break tubes, so I'd allow extra room on top for that stuff. Or a little separate compartment on one end.

18 - 9/16" wide (side to side when facing the front panel)
10 - 5/16" deep (front to back " " " " )
8 - 5/16" tall (top to bottom " " " " )

MrMarkIII said:
Actually, it should be called a narrow head. Narrow is the opposite of wide.
I've never heard anyone calling a long head a wide head. I've heard wide body combo.
Mesa/Boogie themselves call them short, medium and long heads.

To be real technical about it.
They have three chassis sizes and they fit in these.....
combo and short head,
widebody combo and medium head,
2x12 combo and long head.

As long as we're being super finicky:
The Mark III only came in short and medium chassis sizes. Except for the Coliseum. Of course, you could order anything you wanted back then if you paid for it, so anything is possible.
Anyone have pix of a Mark III 2x12 combo?

MrMarkIII said:
As long as we're being super finicky
That was my OCD kicking in.
MrMarkIII said:
Anyone have pix of a Mark III 2x12 combo?
That would be very cool. Coliseum combo with two EVM-12Ls.

The Nomad 55, Nomad 100, DC-10 and F100 are 2x12 combo or long head.

Alot of medium heads are called long heads.
I call them long heads. (Like I did in the post)

But really,
Short head - 18 5/8"
Medium head - 22 1/2"
Long head - 26 1/4"

MichaelC4 said:
Coliseum combo with two EVM-12Ls.
Imagine how heavy that would be.

One of my bottom cabinets came with 4 EVM-12Ls. It was a monster.

Don't mind me, MrMarkIII, I'm just blabbing away trying to get my post # up. I've got a ways to go, to get out of Mark II.

MrMarkIII said:
Mark III short head. Actually, it should be called a narrow head. Narrow is the opposite of wide. I always bring this up so don't feel special. LOL

Measurements are the wood cab only. Corners, handles, rubber feet, reverb tank overhang, power cable coiled on top, etc. vary. When shipping, always place the EQ sliders in the topmost position so they don't get hacked off. The A/C cable, or foot switches, etc., tucked inside the cab, will move around and break tubes, so I'd allow extra room on top for that stuff. Or a little separate compartment on one end.

Thanks for the advice! I'll make I sure I bring this up when placing my order for sure...

Not sure I totally get the measurements there though.. can you break it down for me. 18 - 9/16" ?

Petesilvo said:
MrMarkIII said:

Thanks for the advice! I'll make I sure I bring this up when placing my order for sure...

Not sure I totally get the measurements there though.. can you break it down for me. 18 - 9/16" ?

I should have written it out:

Eighteen and Nine Sixteenths Inches wide.
Ten and Five Sixteenths Inches deep.
Eight and Five Sixteenth Inches tall.

MrMarkIII said:

Lol.. thanks.

A bit tricky when you're from a place where they measure in cm.

The supplier I was going for apparently doesn't deal with international credit cards so it's a no go.. I'll have to find myself a good quality case off ebay.

Petesilvo said:
MrMarkIII said:

Lol.. thanks.

A bit tricky when you're from a place where they measure in cm.

The supplier I was going for apparently doesn't deal with international credit cards so it's a no go.. I'll have to find myself a good quality case off ebay.

18 9/16 " = 47.15 cm
10 5/16" = 26.19 cm
8 5/16" = 21.11 cm

But you knew that already.

Latest posts

Back