MARK III (red stripe or black dot)???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfyne

Reaction score
ok..so subject has it all..im unfamiliar with the different models but yeah i read at a site (homepagemac) site taht....red is the closest sounding to II+?.. im not sure..but yeah i dunno ...havent tried and i want to know how the red stripe really is...and comparing the black dot and red which one is better

The difference between the stripes is subtle. But, the red stripe lead is really nice, and close to the C+..
The main differences are with the R1 & R2 channels....
Plus, the early models don't have the reverb mod, and other things.
They're all pretty hot though, and they're all great...
ax. 8)

I want to own a red and blue stripe :cry:

My green is kicking butt though! I don't think the red and blue will be able to beat it.

I just bought a red stripe Mark III combo. It´s fully loaded (simulclass, eq, rev, EV speaker, hardwood). It´s in good shape for a 19 year old amp.
It´s the best Mark series amp I have ever played (I have never played a IIC+, but from recordings of that amp I have heard it sounds pretty close).
The Mark III sounds very smooth if the presence is down and very agressive it it is up. More distortion than the Mark IV I used to have, and a warmer, more natural bottom end. And more importantly, it sounds more organic (the Mark IV can sound a bit sterile at times in my opinion).
I used it at band rehersal the other night with my traditional recto cab, and WOW what a tone. It sounded huge and warm, just about perfect.
The only thing I noticed was a bit of a hum on the lead channel. I think it´s caused by the fan. I´m going take it to a tech to check the amp out.
And the weight of course (almost broke my back carrying it).

The Mark III´s have had a reputation as a lesser Mark series amp. I don´t understand why. It´s great!

Latest posts

Back