Mark III = Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastorofmuppets

Reaction score
So I was at my friends house the other day and he had a poster of the Chili peppers from way back in the day. I do believe it was Hillel Slovak (early guitarist died in '88 ) in the picture but to my surprise I saw the words Mesa Boogie in the distance on their stage. I looked closely and notice that it was a Mesa Quad preamp and a Strategy 400 Stereo power amp! This was unbeliveable to me. To think that MetallicA for "And Justice For All" used the exact same amp as the Chili Peppers was just wierd. I know they are very versital amps but it was still a shock. Now my dream amp is a Mark III. I know the Quad is basically the preamp of the IIC+ and the III put into one box but will the Mark III sound exactly like the III version of the Quad with the strategy 400? RHCP is one of my favorite bands and MetallicA is my all time favorite so to be able to get an almost exact sound for both with the same amp would be awesome.

Also for RHCP sounds would I use the clean channel with a overdrive pedal or would channel 2 be better. I don't know much about their setup so I wouldn't know where to start. I do know that their earlier stuff was pretty heavy in my opinion like "Fight Like a Brave", that solo kicks ***!

Thanks for any info.

Sorry guys. It posted itself 4 times and I can't delete it. Everytime I try to it tells me "invalid session, please resubmit the form". I've tried about 50 times already and it doesn't work. I'll keep trying but sorry for it.

I have no idea how to answer your question but Pastor of Muppets rules! That's real metal, brass but metal none the less.

Thanks but that didn't really help. I've been there many times and all it talks about is the creation of the Mark III. Thanks though

Latest posts

Back