Mark III - ramblings ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
Well, thanks to Joey B and Doug @ Doug's tubes, I finally got my Mark III retubing completed. I ended up with Winged C 6L6 in the outer and TAD 6L6 inners ... pre amp tubes are Sovtek 12AX7WC in V1, old Jan 12AX7 in V2, JJ 12AX7WC in V3 and Sovtek 12AX7LPS in V5.

I played out last night without trying to "finetune" the settings in a blues gig. I left the amp in Class A and mainly used R2 and lead ...

My old Mark III was a green, this one is purple. The old one had a C90, this one has the MS-12 Eminence ... This one sounds much thicker and darker and to me has a greater range of tone. It cleaned up well on my Strat in pos 4 ... but with the tone rolled off some in the neck p/u it was pure hell ... sounded like a nice H/B.

I guess you can get this out of the Mark IV, I never tried one. I get some different combinations out of my LSC - but this is better, or maybe it's just a honeymoon.

I did get some compliments on my tone, but was told my playing was awful ... LOL !!!

Back