Mark III question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Pitman

Reaction score
All,

I've raised a similar issue with my Boogie Quad below but I now discover a similar problem with my Mark III.

Would be grateful if we could get a discussion going in this !

A question for everyone....

In Rhythm II mode if you choose a gain setting that allows just the faintest hint of distortion, and hit just your lowest e-string sufficiently hard to push the pre-amp into clip what kind of sound do you get ?

With very low gain distorion, as a note/chord dies away I notice a very faint background crackle. Is this usual or normal for vintage boogies ? :?

I'm lucky to have 3 quads, a studio pre and a Mark III combo and Studio 22+. All of them, apart from the Studio 22+ seems to have this problem to some degree !!

This is much less noticeable with the lead channel.

am I expecting too much of my equipment ?

Please reply if you have any thoughts...perhaps Boogies after a certain age need some components replacing that we could put together a crib sheet for ? - ie, we all know about CAP jobs, but perhaps our amps need certain other things replacing that its usual to have deteriorate after "X" number of years.

I think this is worth discussing.

Cheers !

Ed

Back