Mark III problem please help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippo1666

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a new guy in this forum.I just bought a MARK III Red stripe a month ago from ebay.But i notice that the gain in my Mark III is not gainy enough and the reverb start making noise when i turn the knobs pass 1, i thought is the preamp tubes problem so i decieded to order a retube kit from eurotubes.But after i change all the tubes the problem still there.

Could someone please tell me what problem is it and should i send to electrical shop to check it.(i living in malaysia and there is no mesa dealer here)

Can you please elaborate more on the problem. It could be a dirty or noisy Vol. 1 or lead master. The EQ pot could have the same problem or a bad ground, cable or reverb tank. Also, even though you put new preamp tubes in does not free you from the whammy of actually putting in a new bad tube. I cannot tell you how many time this has happened to me.

Try disconnecting the reverb and see if the problem is still there. Then get the pots cleaned and lubricated.

Hi,the reverb start making noise and distort when i turn the reverb control over 1.5.. I will try to check it out 1st. BTW thanks for ur help.

Hi, i disconnect the reverb cable and connect it again but the problem was still there :( my sound get loud and distort when i turn the reveb knob over one.Beside, i can't find enough gain in my mark III..will it be the preamp tubes problem? but i had changed the new preamp and power tubes which i order from eurotube.Can someone help?

Thanks

I had the same exact problem on my MkIII "no"stripe for several years (always too cheap to get stuff fixed). Then I found a solution online. Crazy as it sounded, I tried it and the problem cleared right up. Only thing is, now I can't seem to google up the page again! The transience of the internet strikes again.

Here's what I remember of it, and flame away if I make an electronically dumb statement. All I know is that this gave me my spring reverb back, after many years of having to rely on a cheesy outboard digital reverb....

Problem: somehow the little transducers that the springs hook onto have worked their way out of alignment.

Solution: take the tank out of the amp and hold it in front of you with an underhand grip at each end, so that the top of the tank is face-up. Now vigorously shake the tank forward and back, so that the springs inside are shaking side-to-side. Do this for about 5 seconds or so, and what should happen is the transducers will be worked back into proper alignment. Plug the tank back in and try it out.

Volume I acts as the basic gain/output for all three channels, Keep in mind that you can also pull the mid knob(ry2) in conjuction with the lead channel for more saturation/gain. I also find that the amp opens up when the master is on 3 or above.
I dont know how much different a red stripe is from a green, But I get sick heavy master of puppets style distorion with buttery ease. Dose your amp have the graphic EQ?

Ya..it built in with graphic EQ..i will try to tweak around it and see 1st..Thanks

Latest posts

Back