Mark III price check?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan1143

Reaction score
Would 850 be a fair price for a mark III combo, fully loaded with EV speaker, eq, simul class, reverb with an anvil case? It is a green stripe, and it just came back from mike B. about a year ago getting the full servicing. I really miss my mark III, but i had a purple stripe so im afraid this will sound a lot different. I love my mark IV, but rhythm II is very very compressed. it works great for rock but I can't get anything bluesy out of it that satisfies me.

Yes, fair price with the case, but having owned a purple and a green at the same time it would depend if you were using R2 on the purple. They're VERY different. R2 on the green is much higher-gain, thinner, and more Marshall-y than the purple, I wouldn't really call it a blues sound. The other two channels are so close that I couldn't tell the difference between recordings.

Basically what im trying to get at is if i buy it at 850, and i decide that im satisfied with my mark IV and dont really need it, could i get 850 for it and not take a loss?

Maybe not the next day, but for a loaded greenie with a road case you should be able to get that back, yeah.

Remember to take into consideration that these combos tend to move quite a bit slower then the head versions.

All the Best,
~Nep~

literally (suckers are pretty heavy)
:lol:

Neptical said:
Remember to take into consideration that these combos tend to move quite a bit slower then the head versions.

All the Best,
~Nep~

I paid $800 for my loaded blue stripe about a month ago.

And you're right, R2 is quite a thing. Wasn't expecting it. :shock:

boogiemon said:
literally (suckers are pretty heavy)
:lol:

Neptical said:

All the Best,
~Nep~

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRUE DAT!

$850 seems about right. I paid this for my loaded Blue a few weeks ago, sans road case/slip cover. You'll be getting a better deal than I did. I'm still happy with it though. Great sounding amp.

I bought it. Couldn't stand the GAS. Ive got a 212 vertical half-back with two EV speakers waiting for it whenit gets here. oh it will be loud :evil:

>Photi G< said:
Remember to post pics!

Yes, please! We all want to see your new obsession.
smiley-music014.gif

All the Best,
~Nep~

Latest posts

Back