Mark III Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury25

Reaction score
I know, I know--the Mark III is all you need!

But...what if any OD pedals are you guys using to tweak/enhance your tone?
I mostly use humbuckers into R1 and R2--I have the R2 mod.

My settings are as follows:
Vol1: 7
Treb: 7 Pulled
Bass: 1-2
Mid: 5
Master: 2-3
Ld Gn: 5-7
Ld Mast: 2-3
Pres: 0-2
Reverb: 0-2

Thanks!

When i want a different and more "vintage" sound I use a Barber DD through rhy1 pushed (gain around 7).

very dumble-esque and TS type sounds, works well for me. 8)

Thanks Vigo--

I have a OCD, Keeley SD-1, Keeley BD-2 and Bad Monkey I'm playing around with right now...

I use a couple different configurations to enhance my Mk III.

For a jazz/blues feel I use a RAT at low gain on the R1.

Another pedal that I find works really well is the MI Audio Blue Boy for the R1 and also R2. It is a smooth and fairly colorless OD. I set it for low gain. Finally, if I want sustaining soloing ability on the R1, I will drive the Blue Boy with a TS9 set at mid-gain. This retains the clarity of the Blue Boy but allows single notes to sing endlessly.

You've already got some pedals that seem like they could work for you. Experiment with what you've got.

And no, the Mark III really doesn't need any pedals at all. Take the time to understand the amp if you haven't already. There is a lot to uncover regarding shaping your tone.

I hope this helps some.

I had a new Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 that worked great as a boost. I took it apart to try to put it in a guitar though, so it's still in pieces.

Latest posts

Back