Mark III mods.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I called and spoke with Tech Service at Mesa about a few things the other day, and was informed there are no mods for a Mark III Blue Stripe, the only mods offered are for other stripes (or dots as he called them) to be modded to a Blue....

Arent their people who have like a IIIC+, and a master Volume mod for the clean channel? any others?

Just wondering, because I've heard of the C+ mod, and just recently heard of the volume mod.

gunslinger said:
I called and spoke with Tech Service at Mesa about a few things the other day, and was informed there are no mods for a Mark III Blue Stripe, the only mods offered are for other stripes (or dots as he called them) to be modded to a Blue....
Why :eek:

gunslinger said:

Arent their people who have like a IIIC+, and a master Volume mod for the clean channel? any others?

Just wondering, because I've heard of the C+ mod, and just recently heard of the volume mod.

-Mesa in Petaluma? Who did you speak to? You need to speak to Mike Bendinelli about such things. The mods for a Mark III that I know of are modding from one stripe to another, IIC++ mod (makes the preamp pretty much identical to the IIC+ though it won't sound exactly the same due to different transformers), R2 mod, graphic EQ mod, SimulClass mod. Maybe a few others I'm missing.

Talk to Mike B. He will give you the low down on the C+ mod. I had mine done (it was a blue stripe) and it is killer. Also had the R2 master Volume mod done.

Whammyless said:
gunslinger said:

-Mesa in Petaluma? Who did you speak to? You need to speak to Mike Bendinelli about such things. The mods for a Mark III that I know of are modding from one stripe to another, IIC++ mod (makes the preamp pretty much identical to the IIC+ though it won't sound exactly the same due to different transformers), R2 mod, graphic EQ mod, SimulClass mod. Maybe a few others I'm missing.

I wonder how close the blue would sound modded to a III+ with the 562003 output tranny and a export power..in theroy thats a IIc+ similclass head export with the right transformers..

Back