Mark III Mods - TECH GUYS HELP ME PLS -Footswitching Options

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigo1999

Reaction score
Hey guys :D i'm pretty much new here (as an active forumite, being watching for awhile tho)

I've already have made that question on HC, but nobody really dont know about . . .

wondering if it's possible to mod a Mark III to make the push/pull options (treble shift, deep, rhy. bright, bass shift etc) footswitchtable??

Theoretically, it's possible, yes. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that sounds like it should be fairly simple, but by the time you actually planned it out, it's a big project.

I've not seen the schematic of a Mark III to know if there are gotchas, but you could most likely wire up relays in parallel with those switches and control them remotely with a custom pedal board.

It gets nasty when you consider that need a circuit board to mount all the relays, a power supply to run them, a new set of jacks mounted on the back to control them, a place to mount everything, cabling to your pedal board, etc.

There are other electrical things to consider too, but I'm just testing your patience at this point. :)

Vigo1999 said:
Hey guys :D i'm pretty much new here (as an active forumite, being watching for awhile tho)

I've already have made that question on HC, but nobody really dont know about . . .

wondering if it's possible to mod a Mark III to make the push/pull options (treble shift, deep, rhy. bright, bass shift etc) footswitchtable??

The treble shift is switched in with an LDR, so I may or may not choose to mess with that. It comes in automatically when pulled and switching to lead mode. The R2, Pull Deep and bass shift are switched in with a SPST on the pot. You could technically rewire all of these to a simple SPST on a custom pedal board. The R2, Lead, EQ and Reverb already have jacks wired already. You could incorporate these into your custom board. The EQ/Reverb would require a stereo jack, stereo cable and two separate SPST's.

There would be a good bit of work to get this done, You would have to desolder the pull circuits and figure out a way to make them all connect to an external SPST and possible drill new jack holes in the bottom of the chassis.

Here is a pic of Russ B's 87 MK III. It will give you an idea of how much work will need to be done. Russ took some perfect pictures.

http://www.acplink.com/chassis/display.aspx?curpage=91

On the left select an amplifier maker and choose mesa. Russ's is the fourth one down.

Latest posts

Back