Mark III/IV with Visual Sound H2O Liquid effect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigo1999

Reaction score
rabies said:
Anybody tried that setup for chorus/delay?

Thru the preamp?

In the effects loop?

Is the 800ms long enough for most delay applications?

I haven't tried the effects loop on my Mark III green stripe and thinking there is no level/volume knob like my RK1 had (more like JCM 800).

Any advice? Lots of good reviews on HC.

The G Major user manual was WAY too complicated for me (I don't want to end up in the knob tweaker mode like I was stuck in with my RK1). Not into graphs, just music. thx.

I've used the H2O with my III, both in front of the amp or in the loop . . .although i really liked the sound of the H2O, with great spacey adn full chorus (not really "analog", it has a trebly edge on it that contradicts the fact of trying to be "analog") and a good delay (self oscilate on their final repeats, just like a analog delay/tape echo), the fact that it isnt really true-bypass make me sell it . . . cause you still (at least i can) hear the chorus effect when it's off, and it's annoying (very! :x ).

for me, the 800ms time worked out great, i really dont use delays for weird noises or something, fwiw, i use delays just like Blackmore (especially on the Rainbow On Stage (a medium tempo echo with 2-3 repeats . . .)

even on the loop you can hear it . . . if you can stand with that, the H2O is a keeper, but if you like your tone "pure" i will say look further for other effects . . . 8)

rabies said:
I'm looking into Boss DD-20 or DD-6 and Boss Chorus. I had the Line 6 delay module (green) and liked it but read REALLY bad reviews on reliability. And John Scofield uses that one! thx.

have you ever consider the Red Repeat from Carl Martin?? it's a great unit for around 100bucks, real analog vibe and dont really suck your tone that much (although he is somewhat of a "temperamental" regarding it's mix . . . the same settings on an amp can sound really good and the same settings on other amp the amount of delay is simply too much . . .)

tkcr :)

rabies said:
Anybody tried that setup for chorus/delay?
Thru the preamp?
In the effects loop?
Is the 800ms long enough for most delay applications?
I haven't tried the effects loop on my Mark III green stripe and thinking there is no level/volume knob like my RK1 had (more like JCM 800).
Any advice? Lots of good reviews on HC.
The G Major user manual was WAY too complicated for me (I don't want to end up in the knob tweaker mode like I was stuck in with my RK1). Not into graphs, just music. thx.
When I use my H2O with the Mk IV I prefer the H2O in front of the preamp, and yes 800ms is enough for me. I do have another more expensive and much better performing delay/modulation pedal (Yamaha UD Stomp) but for the money the H2O is a great "bang for the buck" pedal.

Back