MARK III green stripe, question with picture of internals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adonixx

Reaction score
I got this MKIII green stripe w/export PT

Anyone see any mods on the board?

29zal.jpg

k515.jpg

No R2 mod. No + mod. Looks pretty stock and very clean.

The screen grid resistors look original, but the caps look pretty fresh. Looks like its had a fairly recent service. I doubt it's had any failures in it's lifetime by the looks of it.

JOEY B. said:
adonixx said:
Anyone see any mods on the board?

Other than the Pentode/Triode switch for the outer pair of power tube sockets? Who sold you this amp? Just curious. :wink:

Yea, i saw pentode/triode switch. I got the amp a few months ago from some guy in Alabama. I just transferred it to a new shell, and wanted to check if there is any other mod done, or visible service done..

The amp has export PT, 5711111, simul-class, and its in near mint condition from outside and inside seems very clean too..

Looks pretty clean. It should 'crunch' with the best of 'em. Nice find!

adonixx said:
I got the amp a few months ago from some guy in Alabama. I just transferred it to a new shell, and wanted to check if there is any other mod done, or visible service done..

The guy in Alabama is named Rob. I think that you might want to have the R2 volume mod done, as well as the C30 mod. These mods will further enhance that amp. 8)

Judging by the 1 watt resistor by the tank jacks, the Reverb Mod has been done to this amp as well. The Pentode/Triode job could have been a bit cleaner... :D

Could use a recap tho, all the electrolytics look original.

JOEY B. said:
adonixx said:
I got the amp a few months ago from some guy in Alabama. I just transferred it to a new shell, and wanted to check if there is any other mod done, or visible service done..

The guy in Alabama is named Rob. I think that you might want to have the R2 volume mod done, as well as the C30 mod. These mods will further enhance that amp. 8)

Could be, i dont remember the name. How do you know it? :mrgreen:

Ill see if i can do R2 and C30 mods locally in NYC..

The amp is fantastic btw. I have a 60W IIC+ and a simul IIC+, but this MKIII is holding its own in some way. Maybe its the export PT..

adonixx said:

He bought a long chassis, green stripe, Mark III head from me from a local sale. He lives about 40 minutes from me. We keep in touch about the buying/selling of the Boogie amps that we own.

JOEY B. said:
adonixx said:

He bought a long chassis, green stripe, Mark III head from me from a local sale. He lives about 40 minutes from me. We keep in touch about the buying/selling of the Boogie amps that we own.

Cool, boogie brotherhood. ;)

JOEY B. said:
adonixx said:
Cool, boogie brotherhood. ;)

There is an underground network(brotherhood) of Mark IIC+ owners that are willing to help you with any questions that you may have about your other Boogies.

Thanks man. I learned and im still learning a lot from reading older posts from boogiebabies, you and a few others..

I bought my 60W IIC+ from av8or3 on this forum. Boogiebabies did cap work on it before i bought it and he gave it a clean bill of health.

Back