Mark III green sound clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really sorry Rabies. I find your clips to be undefined and sometimes grainy. I've played a Mark III, and it sounded way better than that.

Close micing is really tricky. If I were you I'd record it like Platypus did, so I would get the "room" sound instead. That way at least I would get the sound I hear ie. more predictable result.

I used an M-audio delta 66 and sonar when I recorded mine. I tend to dislike hardware recorders. best advice I can give: get an mp3 encoder (audacity works great for this) and put them on a soundclick. www.soundclick.com. then I can listen to them and critique :)

oh, did you change settings at all between tracks? if not, what are your settings?

hmmm. your channels work really well together. I might have to get that footswitch after all.......

what does your EQ look like? and did you use it for R1? or was that a lead only thing?

interesting.....

I'm gonna check those settings out on my blue stripe. i've been toying with the notion of leaving the EQ out and footswitching it in for solos only. guess its time to bust out the microphones and mixer again......

I might have to bite the bullet on the R2 mod also. been putting it off, but then again in my bands its pretty much clean, and dirty. I dont really use crunch....at all....

i don't even think about the R2. like it's a nice channel but i am happy with treating my III like a 2 channel .. Clean and lead..

the m audio delta 66 is like 125, and if you dont want the digital input (which I use OFTEN) you can get the 44 for 100 or so. its a 4 in 4 out 1/4 inch interface into your computer. get that, download sonar for free wink wink, and use audacity to encode mp3's, and you've got yourself a 100 dollar pro recording setup. though a mixer comes in handy. when i'm recording my electric, I use a little 4 channel behringer mixer, so I can do the mic preamp and eqing outside of sonar, then I use the aux sends to input the mics to the computer. set up one track for each mic (2). arm both for recording (so it records both mics at the same time) and mix the mics in sonar. works wonderfully.

I usually use a volume pedal for crunch. but if I want to footswitch from clean to a crunch on the lead, I gotta footswitch to lead and hit the volume pedal at the same time. thats too much freakin pedal dancing for me. so I just stick to clean and dirty. crunch is for women and gays anyway......

rabies said:
Well, the way I look at it, is if you actually use the volume knob(s) on your guitar then you can get into that "crunch/R2" territory in the lead channel...

I like to think that it well established that I love to keep the volume of the neck pickup on like 2, and switch pickups for a clean/crunch tone.....

Floyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyydddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

[/tripping]

Rock on :D You CRAZY DIAMOND

Fo shizzzzzzle
[/gangsta]

But Dogs > the rest of floyd
and Roger Waters live > Fake floyd

Hahahah I'm blunt, aren't I?
Sorry but Waters In the Flesh and Wall @ Berlin pwns the **** out of Pulse... NO MATTER HOW MANY TRIPPY EFFECTS THEY THROW IN. Waters always was the driving force behind Floyd. They're not making new music so anyone can play Gilmour's guitar lines, but not anyone can be enough of a dictatorial to oversee the performance being carried to the perfection it was originally intended to have.

Ok i'm being rather incoherent, aren't I? I just woke up.

Peace

rabies said:
visualrocker69 said:
Floyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyydddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

[/tripping]

Rock on :D You CRAZY DIAMOND

That song and Echoes are my two favorite Floyd songs. Floyd used a lot of jazz chords. f%&# Rolling Stones!

Oh and rabies, throw me your AIM or msn or something over pm please
I'm thinking I'll take boogiebabies advice on a tangent and get a Mark III but... not exactly what he said. But yeah, between your owning a iii and your trippy avatar that I can't stop gazing at i think you're the person to talk to haha

Thanksss

rabies said:
Schmoog said:
crunch is for women and gays anyway......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just got slammed for using the "g" word. Be careful! lol.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12307

I do computers for a fashion design company, so im surrounded by gay people all day. and I didn't mean it in a derogatory sense, its just a fact. lo gain crunch is for women and gays. case and point: queen. Rob Halford. and the millions of women chasing them......

Back