Mark III + GCX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvandendungen

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been playing guitar for ages, but I am a total noob with MIDI. I wanna switch my Mark III red stripe DRG with a GCX (haven't bought it yet). I also have a tuner, a Bad Horsie and a Line 6 M9.
So how's this going to work? Would it be like this? (stay with me here):

Guitar -> Tuner -> Bad Horsie -> Guitar input on amp
amp FX send -> Loop 1 in
Loop 1 send -> M9 in
Loop 1 return -> M9 out
Loop 1 out -> amp FX return
Loop 2 send -> Front of amp footswitch in
Loop 2 return -> Back of amp rhy/lead
Loop 3 send --stereo cable--> EQ/rev

Is this about right?

Thanks a lot!

:D Welcome to the forum ...

That looks about right ...but there is something that works as a tuner out on the GCX and I would loop all pedals and plug into the GCX first.

But with that few of effects you might want to go with something more simple ?
I recommend you find out more about MIDI and switching systems before you spend money. This stuff is not real complex ..... but does take some time to completely understand. Also make sure you leave some room for growth .... My rig and needs changes as time goes on. Something like this is a lot cheaper and might do everything you need...

http://www.rivera.com/index.php/products/accessories/152

Thanks!

Yeah, it was more like an idea for the future (building a rack) plus the convenience of having one board with one cable on the stage instead of 2 seperate footswitches and 3 cables just for switching channels and an M9 with 2 cables.

I'll look into the Rivera! Thanks bro.

:D It is my opinion in less you are going to need it very soon for live gigs .... it is best to just take your time and understand what you really want. Always leave some room for growth .... needs and wants do change with time. .... I hate the tap dance on stage. I have enough to think about without guessing if the flanger or whatever is on or not ....

Latest posts

Back