Mark III effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randall g

Reaction score
hello, I have a Mark III silul w/graphic and 'verb, and I love it.

However, when using my boss pedalboard through the effects loop, I lose a noticeable amount of volume. How can I remedy this?

And why we're on the subject, what are your favorite pedals for a Mark III?

Thanks - Randy

I don´t notice a loss in volume on my amp, a mark III. The only pedal i use in the loop is an ehx memory man together with a looper to keep cable ways short.
Additionaly i have an Ernie ball volume pedal and a dunlop crybaby in front of it - thats all.
the only similar thing i noticed was that when using the amp directly without ANY pedals and just one short cable, the sound is a bit better, more direct :roll: ? Unfortunately i didn´t have the time yet to figure out the cause. But thats just a nuance...

I am in total lust with my Boss DD-20 Giga Delay and the MKIII. However, when I attempt to run it through the effects loop, it loses quite a bit of volume as well, to the point it is unusable. :cry: I would be very curious to hear comments about this as well.

I just run the DD-20 in front of the amp with a short cable and it still sounds great, but I would prefer the effects loop so I can get pure one cable, guitar-to-amp tone. I do notice a little loss of tone when using pedals up front.

Are you adjusting the line out, line in and effect volume up just shy of clipping? :?:

What about using something like this :

http://www.nobels.com/cgi-bin/products/show.pl?e_spx-31

... sounds like a good idea to change the serial fx loop to parallel :)

Back