Mark III C30 mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramerxxx

Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of this? I'm ordering a 500v 1000pf Silver Mica cap and wanted to know if the holes and traces for this addition are easy to get to without having to pull the circuit board from the chassis.

Also, has anyone ever put this on a mini toggle to have both Mark III and Mark III+ available?

thanks,
Steve

Use the "Search" and ye shall find...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27879 try page 3, but read it all

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44639&hilit=Mark+bright+C30+cap+leg

As for the mini-toggle, I have a IIC(+) and it has a cap equivalent to the C30 cap on the Mark III. I've put in a mini-toggle on the back of my amp to switch between to values for C30. Be sure to insulate all the connections very well, though. That's a very high voltage line. By a similar argument, make sure that its a decent-quality mini-toggle. No radio shack jobs for this component.

Chip

Chip,
Thanks for posting this!!!!

I tried the 'Search' but it came back with so many hits I couldn't read them all. I tried several iterations and everything it came back with almost every Mark III post created since the beginning of time. :) I appreciate you helping out.

From the pictures it looks like the circuit board needs to be soldered from underneath, good to know.

I'm interested in trying the three 'mods' listed and also a 'triode/pentode' mod to the outter power tubes.

Steve

Hmm, I don't have a MIII, but everyone has always talked about soldering in with such ease that I assumed that they did not have to lift the board. You just can't stick in the leg, hit the pad with some heat, and blob on a little solder?

Chip

Lifting the board to change or ad C30 is totally not necessary. Use solder wick to remove the solder from the pad and it will also clear the holes. If you know how to solder and have the proper iron and tools it is a very easy endevour. If you don't ....... do take it to a tech who does or you'll be sorry. I'm starting to see more and more butchered boogies come in where unqualified individuals are burning pads and ruining traces on the boards by using too much heat.

Latest posts

Back