MARK III BLUE STRIPE JACKPOT!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
Hey dudes... I just went to Guitar Showcase to bring my Mark IV combo in for a journey over to Mike B. at the factory to get a 10 year checkup. I went to the used section and saw a Mark III Blue Stripe that they had just put out on the floor... FOR $749!!! It's a combo with an EV, simul-class, EQ, Reverb. I bought it without even plugging it in. They were going to change it to $1,000 from Mesa's advice, but didn't get around to it. Here are some pictures. I just plugged it in and it sounds amazing... just like the one I bought in '88 (and sold in '90 to get a friggin' ADA).

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Excellent Score!! Congrats!!

I'd buy a lotto ticket this week too; continue the luck. ;-)

great score. I too am back on the road to recovery getting another Mark III after screwing up and selling the 1st one.

Hey, will you do me a favor and pull the chassis, and check how that Courtesy Outlet is attached to the chassis? I want to turn mine 90 degrees like yours is.

Nice score. I got my "S" blue stripe for $500 but for a loaded one I think you did great.

Kudo's !

You can cover some MAJOR sonic territory with both a III & IV .

+ .....

Those other amps in your stable , cannot be called slacker's . (Har)..

A :D camper you must be .

Tho , I cannot imagine having that many knob's for my offspring to "tweak"

I caught my girl (6) trying to plug in her *ello Kitty keyboard .(heavily modified)
The only problem with kid level combo's ......Is that they are kid level .

Yo phyrexia, I am going to pull the chassis tomorrow because one other thing Mike B is going to do (or someone else at the factory) is rackmount my Mark IV. i was planning on putting the Mark III in my mark IV w/ EV case. Mark III combos sound better to me than the Mark IV in the combo format.

It's funny that you want to rotate your jack plate. I was thinking the exact opposite last night when my T-Rex Replica wall wart would not plug in due to the plate angle and the fuse being in the way. I had to use a gray ground lift adaptor to work around it. Out of curiosity, why do you want to rotate it?

Mark Fore said:
Yo phyrexia, I am going to pull the chassis tomorrow because one other thing Mike B is going to do (or someone else at the factory) is rackmount my Mark IV. i was planning on putting the Mark III in my mark IV w/ EV case. Mark III combos sound better to me than the Mark IV in the combo format.

It's funny that you want to rotate your jack plate. I was thinking the exact opposite last night when my T-Rex Replica wall wart would not plug in due to the plate angle and the fuse being in the way. I had to use a gray ground lift adaptor to work around it. Out of curiosity, why do you want to rotate it?

Same reason as you, but I have a 1-Spot and it's wide, not long. My fuse holder gets in the way. :p

Yo Phyrexia... here is a shot of the outlet once I pulled out the chassis (I just successfully mounted it into my Mark IV enclosure and it looks < jock voice > friggin' sweet < / jock voice >. The date on the inside is "3-7-88"... the day after my 18th birthday.

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

Latest posts

Back