Mark III Blue Stripe -- And now with the Thiele!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury25

Reaction score
Hey guys-
I'm looking for a new amp to replace my Roadster and I'm leaning to the Mark side...

I found a used Mark III combo in very good condition, blue stripe w/ EV speaker, simulclass for about $800. Is that a good/fair price? It has all 3 pedals also.

Thanks!

7-800 is the max amount i would pay for a good condition mark III. Get it!

~trem

+1...If you were looking to buy a fully loaded Mark III, I agree, I wouldn't spend more than $800...unless it had hardwood, wicker, and all that good stuff! Then maybe I wouldn't spend more than $1,000.

Thanks for the replies!

I guess I'm also deciding whether to spend the extra $$ and just get the Mark IV...

Has anyone else had to make this decision? If so how did it work out?

Thanks!

I bought both a Mark III and Mark IV within a week to compare the 2 and ended up keeping the IV. The III is awesome, but is more aggressive than the IV and I already have a Recto for the aggressive stuff. $800 is a decent price.

Thanks for the info ToneAddictJon--actually the price is down to $750 now and from what I can tell, it has all of the options that were available.

Hmmmmm.

$750 is a really decent price, I've seen them go as low as $500 but that's usually just luck and someone not knowing what they have. Plus if you decided you wanted the IV later you could probably get at least your money back if not make a little extra.

ToneAddictJon said:
$750 is a really decent price, I've seen them go as low as $500 but that's usually just luck and someone not knowing what they have. Plus if you decided you wanted the IV later you could probably get at least your money back if not make a little extra.

Got mine for $450 with NOS/Military-grade Tubes (Holland Amperex, Phillips, GE) :twisted: . Only kicker was reverb isn't functioning and currently trying to figure out why. But it sounds so **** good you don't need it.

Hey thats a good score bpm91...I keep telling my self that If I can get a mark III in the $400's that I'll go get the C+ mod done on it. I was bidding on this mk3 purple stripe rackmount, but bidding go up into the 5's...oh well 8)

Johnson said:
Hey thats a good score bpm91...I keep telling my self that If I can get a mark III in the $400's that I'll go get the C+ mod done on it. I was bidding on this mk3 purple stripe rackmount, but bidding go up into the 5's...oh well 8)

Funny, that's a bittersweet thing for me: the guy that was selling that rackmount is the guy I bought my MKIII Simul w/graphic rackmount head from. He represented it as a Blue stripe, but when it gets shipped all of a sudden he thinks it "may" be green!!! I will have to call Mesa to confirm, but I was a bit annoyed, needless to say.

But my being annoyed prevented me from picking up that purple stripe for $350+shipping (prob another 50) which he offered to me offline, but I was too "miffed" to deal with him again. OTOH, to see it climb over 5 bills was, uh, surprising considering it had 2 broken eq slider buttons, had no tubes the one I got from him was in pretty good condition with tubes.

Edward

Yeah man I was really surprised to to see it jump that high...but I think he set the reserve at 500. I bid 400, and the reserve still wasn't met...some other guy kept bidding up to 500 which is where i guess the reserve was. I was hoping to get a really good deal on that head since the seller lived in Maryland I was going to do a local pick-up deal, and then ship it to mesa for the C+ mod. Oh well...the hunt continues! :twisted:

Well, after all the feedback I decided to take the plunge---Couldn't pass it up for $750. Simulclass, EQ and reverb with all 3 pedals.

Date on the chassis is 1/88 and it is pretty clean considering it is almost 20 years old!

WOW!! What a great sounding amp, I'll be spending the next week or more tweaking!

Here are some pics:

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Sweet, now I think I want another III...... why are there so many good sounding amps in the world!!!! :twisted: :twisted: and on top of that, why so many good sounding boogies!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Well the plot thickens...apparently the owner of this amp also has a Thiele 112 cab that is in the same great condition--$250?

Should I?

I mean, it is a matched set...

YES!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: If it says 200 watts on the back it has the ev 12L in it and that's even better. It's a great cab either way.

Dude, $250 is a decent deal for an empty cabinet let alone a loaded one. Great score. I'm hoping to do the same in the near future.

Latest posts

Back