mark III and gflex....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmoog

Reaction score
does anyone happen to have a builder's schematic for a genz benz gflex? I want to build one and run my mark III through it.

I hope this doesnt get moved.....

Restless Rocks said:
There are two yes 2 Mark series 2x12 halfbacks on fleabay right now! If you were to get ahold of a blueprint for a genz benz thou we'd love to see it!

can't afford to buy a cabinet. but I do have enough wood and tolex lying around to build one. hence why I'm looking for the blueprint. I really like the ported nature of the gflex. and also, along with my other cab, I think it would sound pretty killer

rabies said:
The gflex is not only ported but also baffled. The spkrs are custom designed for GBenz by Eminence. The wiring is also more complex than some cabs: 4ohm or 16 ohm mono OR 8ohm stereo PLUS an external out. So for many reasons I really like this cab. It would be cool to have 4 casters on it as well. It would be more difficult to make this 2x12 than others I would imagine...

complex wiring I can handle.....

as well as complex structure. I just need some kind of schematic since I don't have a gflex to go by already

can someone with a g-flex bust out a tape measure and a digital camera? basically what I need is overall size, the size of the ports, a picture if the inside of the cabinet, and the info about the angle of the flex baffle. Maybe I'll build a bunch and sell em to BB peeps.....

Restless Rocks said:
Just maybe Guitarzan will get out a ruler and pencil and draw up a sketch or two!!!

Sorry, don't have time for that... It would be easier if he just bought one used on ebay.

Guitarzan said:
Restless Rocks said:
Just maybe Guitarzan will get out a ruler and pencil and draw up a sketch or two!!!

Sorry, don't have time for that... It would be easier if he just bought one used on ebay.

I'm cheap. and besides, I want to make a couple of improvements. increased overall cabinet size for lower frequency response. baffle between speakers if there isn't one already to make the cab a little punchier. single rectangular port for each speaker rather that 2 circular ports to improve port efficiency and response. Loading it with EV 12L's for obvious reasons. casters on the bottom. regular handles rather than the ones it has. And I am gonna go nuts on wiring options. as of right now, the cab I build is gonna have like 4 input jacks and at least 2 extension jacks.

I have one and the only way to get those additional measurements is to take out the speakers since the back doesnt come off. I bought mine for $275 and it was well worth it.

21" x 30" x 14 " Is what the genz site has as the dims. Also the rear of the box may be a thinner plywood , the 4x12 has 1/2 " and a 3/4 mdf baffle . I don't know if the 2x is the same way . But the resonant nature of the thinner ply surely has an effect on the sound .
Any way , if you are using ev's those dims . and port spec's get thrown out the window .You tune the box and port to the speaker parameters .

I am conteplating designing a box from square one. we'll see, time to bust out the old graphing calculator and cad software. I think I might actually make a bunch and sell em.....

well, it's been awhile. But I've been designing cabs since I was like 13. I am thinking about a 4x12 with a septum in the middle and have it sealed on the top section and the bottom section ported. tuning the ports is gonna be a pain though.....

What software are you going to use ?
As for the ports , you mean bracketing the driver ?

rabies said:
Is it possible to have four ports at the top and four at the bottom? Or is that a stupid question?

yes. but I am thinking that the sealed top and ported bottom would compliment each other nicely. but I will look into a ported top and bottom. I am really looking into something like the gflex 4x12 with a septum.

buddy said:
What software are you going to use ?

Pro/Engineer Wildfire

well, you can just replace the square of plastic, but there also is a plastic piece that will set the jack within the cabinet. my cabinet has one, I'll take a pic and send it to you. it would be better to use these as they are harder to break, and reduce stress on the cable and jack

Back