Mark III -- 105 power transformer?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazz

Reaction score
Does anybody know what I need to look at to see if my Mark III has the 105PT?? It was one of the first so I am curious to know. I have pictures of the chassis but not sure what to post...
Thanks.

Written on the top it will say 105, another indicator it's twice as tall as the regular Mark III transformers.

Thanks for your response-- can you be more specific as I don't have any other Mark IIIs to compare to? I assume we are talking about that big black square thingy on the left side looking at the back of the amp? To the left of the power tubes? It is nearly as tall as the tubes-- where would the 105 be printed? Would there be other numbers too? It is kind of worn at this point so I need to take a really close look.
Looking at my paperwork -- my receipt is 1/09/1985 and I took delivery in May. The amp shipped with the Mark II C Operating Manual-- it is a NO stripe, so it is highly possible that I have some left over II-C parts.

Sounds like you have the 105 transformer. Is there anything written above the Middle knob? From the date is seems very close to the C+ era or very early Mark III as only a limited number shipped with the 105.
The 105 is part of the part number on the transformer and it is located on the top of it.

just look in the classified section, there is a mark III purple stripe with a short PT you can compare yours to. the 105 should be much bigger. or get a small mirror and use it to read the #'s on the PT. the last 3 #'s should be "105" if you have the 105 PT.

scott

It says pull rhythm 2 above the middle knob. And looking at other pics of Mk IIIs I know my transformer is bigger-- but I will check for the part number later to see for sure. Not that my amp will sound any better than it already does when I find out but...
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back