Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
I just got my mark IIC+ and I'm overly pleased. I'd have to say it's the best sounding amp that I've owned. The mark IV sounds pretty close but it's not as smooth and fluid as the mark IV and with the prescence on the mark IV is COMPLETELY different. The mark IIC+ it just adds tons of sizzle, I normally keep it around three and cut it off a bit with the EQ and it makes a raw sizzle. The studio pre + 50/50 has a somewhat simliar tone, i'm very very impressed and love this amp to death and wil lnot be able to afford another if it's stolen. with that being said. I love mesa.

Haha yeah man! i'm so happy I finally have one and now can for myself enjoy the beautifull violin like lead tones and that beautiful tube smell when it's turned on :wink: wait till i get some **** recording gear !

are you finding it a little difficult to get thick gain at low volumes? sometimes i feel like it's one of those old marshall amps you have to turn to 10 for the tubes to cook. it's so different from a rectifier.

of course BB does not have this problem......

BTW, what features are on it? where did you buy it from?

Elpelotero said:
are you finding it a little difficult to get thick gain at low volumes? sometimes i feel like it's one of those old marshall amps you have to turn to 10 for the tubes to cook. it's so different from a rectifier.

No, I dont. Turn your Master Volume up to 5 and turn your Lead Master to 1 - 1.5. As far as low volumes, you have to get the amp opened up at least a little to sound right.

Boogiebabies said:
Elpelotero said:

No, I dont. Turn your Master Volume up to 5 and turn your Lead Master to 1 - 1.5. As far as low volumes, you have to get the amp opened up at least a little to sound right.

Hey Nick, Hey BB,

Sorry to do a little hijacking, does the Master Volume trick apply to MKIVA as well?

Glad to hear you are getting on with the IIC+ - you lucky B@@@@rd :D :D

Boogiebabies said:
Elpelotero said:

No, I dont.

you and your mods!

Mine are dead stock. No mods, although the mid scoop mod I just made is crazy awesome. the switchable gain mods and scoop switch for the mod range are unreal. Extra gain, clarity, boosted bottom end and scooped mids. It's like the baddest, most versatile IIC+ I have ever heard. I have a few cabinet tests to do and I am done.

This trick works for the MK III and IV as well. It runs the power section much higher and you only need to add a small amount of lead master.
It's much fatter than the usually higher lead volume setting and low masters.

Boogiebabies said:
Mine are dead stock. No mods, although the mid scoop mod I just made is crazy awesome. the switchable gain mods and scoop switch for the mod range are unreal. Extra gain, clarity, boosted bottom end and scooped mids. It's like the baddest, most versatile IIC+ I have ever heard. I have a few cabinet tests to do and I am done.

This trick works for the MK III and IV as well. It runs the power section much higher and you only need to add a small amount of lead master.
It's much fatter than the usually higher lead volume setting and low masters.

Amazing.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE C+, YOU WILL SMILE EVERY TIME YOU TURN IT ON. BB CAN'T WAIT TO POSSIBLY HEAR SOME CLIPS OF THE NEW MODS. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE MADE THE BEST SOUNDING AMP EVEN BETTER! :D

Boogiebabies said:
I hope the owners happiness will be enough of a testimonial.

Quite. The mark has the tightness and fluidness that the mark IV could not achieve. It's like everytime i play a powerchord over the 5th - (B5/F#)
and let go, you can hear everything just STOP. it's incredible. I have almost the exact same tone as John petruccis rock discipline except I think mines more bigger. Then again I don't even own the copy I just heard it

The master volume trick will work on a modified Mark I (added FX loop) with the "Post FX Level" knob used in place of the lead master. The more that you crank the front panel "Master" knob, the thicker the tone gets. The overall volume is controlled by the rear panel "Post FX Level" knob. The only downside is that there is increased noise with higher master volume settings. But if you can live with the noise, it's a good trade-off. There is something about running a patch cord in the effects loop of the MkI Reissue in the users manual. It claims to give more gain, if you want it. Has anyone tried this?

I vaguely recall unplugging the reverb tank and using a rca from rev send to return , bypassing the tank . There was extra gain available controlled by the reverb knob . I don't know if this could hurt the amp , but I never did it again .

Glad to hear you're enjoying the amp Nick. I wish I knew about that Master Volume trick before I sold it to you. Oh well, hopefully I'll pick up another
C+ this year. I have to say though, my VHT Deliverance is rocking my balls to say the least. VHTs are incredible amps, even though they are just about the polar opposite of a Mesa Mark.

Back