Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2126

Reaction score
Check This:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/84-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-C-Head-Best-Boogie-Ever_W0QQitemZ330091676748QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MarkIIC+ hardwood with wicker grille... the most classy amp out there imo, I wish I had the money.

It's sad. If only it was a Simul-EQ-Reverb-Export with a non-dropped shell and a IIC+ faceplate I would be in. I have a C+ from the same month as this one and it's about 70 lower in the serial range range, and it rips ***. These early ones did not have a modification to the Master Volume circuit and they have a slightly different feel. I like to run the Master at 5 and the Lead Master at 1.5 and it is like EVH died and reincarnated in my amp.
MMMMMMMM, Brown....

What's up cuz ?

Boogiebabies said:
It's sad. If only it was a Simul-EQ-Reverb-Export with a non-dropped shell and a IIC+ faceplate I would be in. I have a C+ from the same month as this one and it's about 70 lower in the serial range range, and it rips ***. These early ones did not have a modification to the Master Volume circuit and they have a slightly different feel. I like to run the Master at 5 and the Lead Master at 1.5 and it is like EVH died and reincarnated in my amp.
MMMMMMMM, Brown....

What's up cuz ?

my reason for going after an early serial number...i heard the change was around 13300

Elpelotero said:
Boogiebabies said:
MMMMMMMM, Brown....

What's up cuz ?

my reason for going after an early serial number...i heard the change was around 13300

Where did you hear that and do you know why?

Another BB original !!!! :D

All the power tube sockets have been replaced !!! Those are the current Mesa production style. It should have the brown phenolic ones. Mesa did not start using ceramic tubes until the tail end of production.

you can tell that that head use to be in a black tolex cab, with out eq..mk iii face plate..looks ok now..

i was looking at it the other day..

Boogiebabies said:
Elpelotero said:
Boogiebabies said:
MMMMMMMM, Brown....

What's up cuz ?

Where did you hear that and do you know why?

Another BB original !!!! :D

it was about 1-1.5 years ago on this forum. back then when i was researching, i used to save things into Word documents. the only reason i remember it was because it was one of those "things" about the C+ to look out for. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed, so I have no immediate way of getting that info back and it would take hours to do a search on this forum for it.

i also remember that more specifically the mod caused "an unbalanced volume taper" instead of a logical and exponential increase/decrease.

Elpelotero said:
BB, have you ever considered taking up something else...like, i don't know, golf, model airplanes...
What!!! Is this the Boogie Board for all the Mesa lovers here or what. BB is the man here, we are so lucky to have him, so lucky my friend.

darkirish said:
Elpelotero said:
BB, have you ever considered taking up something else...like, i don't know, golf, model airplanes...
What!!! Is this the Boogie Board for all the Mesa lovers here or what. BB is the man here, we are so lucky to have him, so lucky my friend.

Your just saying that because we are related to each other !!! :D

Elpelotero said:

Come on Miguel, a year and a half ago is old news. Back up your BB IIC+ an pre 500 DR data on an external HD. I'm getting too old for this stuff.
The instant recall is being recalled.

I have a full set of Callway's already. Amps are way easier than golf though. Greens fees are almost as much as a set of tubes around here.

Other than working on my cars, I watch a movie now an then.
:D

Today I am going out, but I am finishing up the IIC+ mods tonight.

Boogiebabies said:
darkirish said:
Elpelotero said:

Your just saying that because we are related to each other !!! :D
You help so many people here you deserve respect.

darkirish said:
Elpelotero said:

he's given me more advice than i can get my hands on...i was just being a little sarcastic! sometimes i think he sits in his house all day and just works on amps.......ok, well, i don't think. i know.

jk..i just wanted to see if he has other activities he's really into as much as amps. i.e. i'm into baseball. Now i know he's into cars and golf.

I get sarcasm. I have two kids as well, but honestly, I do spend most of my time working on amps and other musical electronics projects with a bit more difficulty than tube amps. I have not played golf for a long time.

Again, DarkIrish is a distant cousin of mine. :D
You know how family has to watch out for each other.

Back