mark iic+ with only 2 power tubes?....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcv

Reaction score
....no eq, no reverb.
has the right serial number, handwritten "+", signature, etc...
is this head any good? how does it compare to the holy grail simul, eq, 100W one?
value?

I presume it is a 60w with two 6L6s. I have a 60w red stripe Mark III with no eq and it is a great amp. I presume the IIC+ would be even more so. Other than the tonal difference provided by the Simulclass option, I can't imagine anyone needing more than 60 watts of Boogie. I had my tech do a simple mod which lets you switch between Pentode and Triode, which is well worth doing in the 60w Mark amps.

mcv said:
....no eq, no reverb.
has the right serial number, handwritten "+", signature, etc...
is this head any good? how does it compare to the holy grail simul, eq, 100W one?
value?
It's a far beyond great amp, you will probably put an eq in the loop.
Amps with GEQ are higher value for a reason, but the 60 watts versions have the sweet C+ tone as long as that's what you're looking for.
the 60w is loud enough as well.

good luck tell us how she sounds, because you are going to buy her. :lol:

I have a non EQ/Verb MK IIB and like it much much better than my MK III w simul class/ EQ and my DC 5 which also has EQ.

mcv said:
value, anyone?
If your reference to "...has the right serial number" means it's a production C+ head (not an upgrade), I'd ballpark the current value at around $2,000 to $2,200. If it's an upgraded IIC, the value might be $1,700 to 2,000. The overall condition of the unit will obviously affect the value, and a wood cabinet would be worth more than tolex. Recent prices for C+s have varied considerably.

For a fuller description read THIS.

Latest posts

Back