Mark IIC+ vs Mark III vs Mark IV VIDEO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoads

Reaction score
I make a video to compare the sound between this amps ! Like i said, it's just a matter of taste.
I'm not here to tell you this one or this one sound better than the other one, It's just a matter of taste...
I make this video because i never find a good video with a good sound (always Iphone camera) to compare the crunch chanel. Enjoy this video. Patrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5DYsjq08o

Well, the IIC+ was the thickest. (Best mids?)
The III was the heaviest. (Bottom end)
And the IV was the most cutting/present. (Brighter?)

All three sounded really, really good. Thanks for posting this. :D

ryjan said:
Well, the IIC+ was the thickest. (Best mids?)
The III was the heaviest. (Bottom end)
And the IV was the most cutting/present. (Brighter?)

All three sounded really, really good. Thanks for posting this. :D

This is what I heard also

Nice Job Patrick.
Not my cup of tea musically speaking but nice work.
Fwiw the toughest thing to show in any comparison video would be the dynamic response of a C+ versus the III or IV.

But you have done well (at high gain settings) to compare the sounds between all three amps!

gts said:
Nice Job Patrick.
Not my cup of tea musically speaking but nice work.
Fwiw the toughest thing to show in any comparison video would be the dynamic response of a C+ versus the III or IV.

But you have done well (at high gain settings) to compare the sounds between all three amps!

I agree. Nice job.

If you were to try to make a video that compared all 3 amps at all possible settings that the Mark series has, well, the video would be longer than "Gone With The Wind".

Each time I start tweaking my IV, I find new avenues of things I can do with it!

Hey :D Thanks for your comment guys !

Yes GTS it's hard to record the famous Dynamic
respondse of the C+, you have to feel it right in your ears to understand !

and for the Clean chanel, it's more harder, there so many possibility and i can't adjust my amp on the clean chanel like i did with the Crunch (same setting), so i think it's gonna be harder to record. Maybe i'm gonna try !!

But i think i make a good job for the dirt. 8)

Awesome! I love this video, i have a dual rec and a mark 3 blue stripe.. and i love Lamb of God!
Any chance you could post me those settings?

Here is my video that i'm gonna record again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRrVWtkvLE

Thanks BETRAYAL ! the setting is nearly the same as you can see in the Video,

Vol=9,5 Tre=7 Bass=2,5 Mid=4 Mas=3 L D=6 LM=3,5 Presence=0 or o,5

The Treble, Master,Lead Drive and Lead Master are pulled
and i don't use presence because that gave me to much High and Fizz.

I use 6l6 Winged C inside all of my amps.

Nice Video :D
I really love Lamb of Gob ! the way the Guitars and the drum play together ! so sick

Rhoads said:
Thanks BETRAYAL ! the setting is nearly the same as you can see in the Video,

Vol=9,5 Tre=7 Bass=2,5 Mid=4 Mas=3 L D=6 LM=3,5 Presence=0 or o,5

The Treble, Master,Lead Drive and Lead Master are pulled
and i don't use presence because that gave me to much High and Fizz.

I use 6l6 Winged C inside all of my amps.

Nice Video :D
I really love Lamb of Gob ! the way the Guitars and the drum play together ! so sick

Cheers mate! i had to sneak home from work to fire up the Mark III in my house (cant go past my house with out having a tweak here and there haha!

Im due some new tubes so i will give them a go :)

...I recorded this last night with the recto after a gym sesh lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9LkwQ6NbeW0

Now prefacing this by saying you can't hear the true sound out of a video, I like the III better. And it sucks because I may have to sell my simulclass red stripe for financial reasons and the more I play the more I love it. If there is a downside it's the clean channel and it not being independent, but I had considered using my old multi effects pedal through an old Crate I have for cleans and A/B'ing with the Mark III. I thought I wanted a Mark IV in the future because of more options but the more I hear of it the lead channel just sounds too choked and compressed. Never played a IIC+ or even heard one in person but (yes I know it is the Holy Grail) I bought the red stripe because of it's reputation of being so close to the IIC+. If a IIC+ is that big of a deal then I'll have to sell a kidney, because after weeks of tweaking and using an EQ pedal I can get every Metallica sound that's ever been recorded, well as close as you can get without Bob Rock or Flemming

rscott24 said:
Now prefacing this by saying you can't hear the true sound out of a video, I like the III better. And it sucks because I may have to sell my simulclass red stripe for financial reasons and the more I play the more I love it. If there is a downside it's the clean channel and it not being independent, but I had considered using my old multi effects pedal through an old Crate I have for cleans and A/B'ing with the Mark III. I thought I wanted a Mark IV in the future because of more options but the more I hear of it the lead channel just sounds too choked and compressed. Never played a IIC+ or even heard one in person but (yes I know it is the Holy Grail) I bought the red stripe because of it's reputation of being so close to the IIC+. If a IIC+ is that big of a deal then I'll have to sell a kidney, because after weeks of tweaking and using an EQ pedal I can get every Metallica sound that's ever been recorded, well as close as you can get without Bob Rock or Flemming

If Metallica is the sound that you are chasing, a Mark III will do just fine. I have owned several of the Mark III stripes, including a couple of Coliseum models. The red stripe Coliseum Simulclass Mark III would do the Metallica sound better than any of the IIC+ amps that I own. FWIW, I am not a big Metallica fan. :shock:

I'm a huge Metallica fan. But fan or not you can't deny some of their recorded distortion sounds are among the best ever produced. I really wish someone would do some videos like these that are one riff, no backing tracks, no layering. I wish I could find a vid of the main MOP riff, Sandman riff, etc being played with the same settings from all these amps.

I have just recorded this video with the settings given to me on this page, if the volume was a little louder it would be amazing but i love this tone... Great Metallica on a Lamb of God setting :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_awhO0wS_Q&list=UU_h-O3lTDpukyylaOGA3fdw&index=1

Hate the graphic settings in the video, it's too midrangy like that. Needs more of the first slider for low end punch and the last and maybe some presence for some bite. That M setting that metallica used i'm sure was use in cunjuction with a parametric EQ to suck out some extra mids. Over-all very similar tone between the 3 of them, but the IV is a bit more refined.

You can tell the original has way more presence to it, as there's that top end sizzle going on. I think they use fairly high presence settings on their Mark IV's, which i wouldn't be able to stand in a live situation.

Latest posts

Back