Mark IIC+ Transformer

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
Hey guys!

This is my first post here..

Anyway, can anyone here tell me about the output transformer on the Mark IIC+? I heard that the IIC+s were discontinued because the manufacturer of the transformer didn't produce them anymore.

Anyone know what company? And what's so special about that transformer? Etc, etc...
As much info as possible, please!

Thanks for answering!

The manufacturer is Schumacher, who made every Mesa PT and OT since the MK I. They are the same manufacturer who made Fender transformers. Mesa however has switched to a different manufacturer of transformers now. A one off of the SC152019B from Shumacher would not be impossible, but expensive. The same applies for the Mesa PT 100 and 105.
The nice thing is that today, we have multiple manufacturers like Mercury and Heyboer who could make an affordable one off, or an even cheaper priced unit with a multple order. All you need to do is provide them with the specs or the transformer and they can make you one that will be in most opinions, better than the original.

The IIC+ SC152019B was not discontinued, it was given a different part number and had the identical specs. It was made by Shumacher under the Mesa number 562003 and was used in the MK III up to 1990 when it was replaced by the Schumacher 562004A for the Green Stripe and MK IVA.

Boogiebabies said:
The nice thing is that today, we have multiple manufacturers like Mercury and Heyboer who could make an affordable one off, or an even cheaper priced unit with a multple order. All you need to do is provide them with the specs or the transformer and they can make you one that will be in most opinions, better than the original./quote]

Hi Boogiebabies!
Do you think they can also make the export transformer?
Thanks and regards
Daniel

Back