Mark IIC+ Serial # Paranoia?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I may be in the dark about this, but why are people so reluctant to give the last two digits of their Mark IIC+ serial numbers out on Ebay? I once talked to Mike B. about confirming the original cabinet color on a cream vinyl IIC+ combo with reference to the serial #. He said that there was a book in the shop somewhere that had the original orders listed , but he did not know where it was. So unless this book has fallen into evil hands and has the 20 year old addresses of the original owners cross referenced with the serial numbers, I don't see what the big deal is. Can anybody help me to understand this weirdness?

I think people are nervous b/c others with evil intent can get the info and "borrow" the pics you posted and set up a fake auction to scam people
DC

I also never understood why people withold the complete serial numbers.
I think it is a case of monkey-see monkey-do.

I think if someone wanted to steal some pics with the intent of using them for a bogus auction ... a couple of missing numbers from a serial number wouldn't stop them.

Stu Gutz said:
I think if someone wanted to steal some pics with the intent of using them for a bogus auction ... a couple of missing numbers from a serial number wouldn't stop them.

right. if people selling the real thing don't write the complete serial, even those people who steals pics will keep the same behaviour, so in every case you could not know what is true and what isn't.

Latest posts

Back