mark IIC+ questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be possible, but Mike ran out of the IIc+ transformers, so he would need to use another one. I think a Mark III IIRC. Therefore it can be done, but it might sound different from what it is supposed to sound. Last I heard, it was $400 for the mod.

Is it really that much of a difference? I heard somewhere that the tone isn't that much different, though that's hard to believe, is the mark IIC+ with EQ and without the simuclass **** compared to the one with ?

Nick_cor said:
Is it really that much of a difference? I heard somewhere that the tone isn't that much different, though that's hard to believe, is the mark IIC+ with EQ and without the simuclass sh!t compared to the one with ?

Not at all. It depends on what YOU like in tone. I had both and kept the non simul one. The simul sounds somewhat thicker and a little smoother but the non simul sounds more "pure" .. to me; somewhat like the best Fender Twin in the world but can sound like a PUSHED Twin at any volume. The bottom was much tighter and bigger on the non simul with all those 6L6s ... I think you lose some bottom with the EL-34s.

ok, well hopefully I can get this mesa mark IIC+, I had to sell my ADA MP1s and some rack stuff, but the guy who i sold it to doesnt' like it, and wants his money back, so now i have to figure out another way to get the money for the amp!!! ahh...

Hey Nick, I'm going to be talking to Mike some time this week so I could ask for the transformer if you don't talk to him first. I'm going to get my IIc modded to IIC+ specs.

Hey MilkNCereal, that would be great! i'd really appreciate that, I've never spoken to the man, how would I get a hold of him?

Just call up Mesa Boogie from the number on their website, and then ask for Mike Bendinelli, and there ya go. He's a really friendly guy. I can't wait till I send him my amp to mod it. It's going to be pretty sweet. The only bad thing is Mesa Boogie is only open Mon-Thurs, and until 5pm Pacific time. It's pretty hard to call before 5, going to school and all.

yeah, i can relate...but hopefully if i get the mark IIC+ I'll get it modded and stuff, but now I need some ideas, I will make a new post , because I need to sell stuff to get this mark IIC+ anyways, follow the link everyone!

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=50467#50467

Back