Mark IIC+ Marking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

Reaction score
I just received a Mark IIC+. It has the MB + marking along with a pink stripe. Different from the typical black MB and +.
Why is this one different?

IMG_3972.jpg

IMG_3971.jpg

av8or3 said:
Wow, another variation to deal with. Is the serial # 12,89x or 12,39x ? Either way it would be an early MKIIC+.
Congrats, enjoy :D
Jim

Why yes as a matter of fact it is. 12895. White tolex with a black grill cloth. No reverb no GEQ, EVM12 and as close to mint as I have seen. A true closet amp. I went with a friend of mine in Chicago to check this amp out from an ad in the Tradin Times. He bought it for 600 dollars about 18+ years ago. Sounded great then and still sounds great today. I bought this off of him for a hefty increase in price but this has been babied ever since he bought it, never gigged with. A rare find these days.
I have never seen that marking before, wonder if it meant anything.

Looks like nail polish. You ,ay want to call Mesa with the serial # and see if they have any RA's on it.
If something was done post 1990 or so, they will have a record of it.

It's does look like nail polish now that you mention it. I will call on Monday and see if I can find out anything. Not a big deal but would be interesting to know what it was about. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back