Mark IIC+ 60 watter advice forum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AriBoiangiu

Reaction score
Ok, so I put the amp up for sale but will probably keep the guy. Every day is another journey with this sucker. Looking for speaker/tube/setting advice for my 60 watt MK IIC+ with reverb, and black shadow. Regular 60 watt pt. Here's where I'm at so far : Vol 1 on 7, treble on 5, mids high, bass on 3 max, master on 2, lead gain 8ish, volume 6. Both bright switches pulled, usually pull the treble and mid range pots, but not the deep. Was always told to keep the presence way down, but on friday i moved it from 1 to 3 and that was enough to totally transform the amp!! Also, i'm playing through an anderson drop top (alder/maple) and sometimes a neck-through ESP. So chime in guys-whos got extensive experience with a MK IIC+ 60 watt?

You didn't say what sound you're looking for, or what musical style you play, but here's some important stuff with high gain metal sound in mind.
Treble adds gain and is the most important knob for tweaking. Keep bass low to avoid flubb and add bottom in the GEQ to keep the sound tight. Raise prescence to whatever you like. Lead master will scoop the sound slightly when it's lowered.

My last recorded metal setting was like this (if I remember correctly)
Angry and in your face, with tons of tight bottom.
Guitar: Ibanez RG with high output humbucker.
Vol1: 6,5
Treble: 9 pulled
Bass: 0,5 - 1
Mid 8
Master: about 3 or whatever necessary (pull deep)
Drive 9ish (Pull for dist)
Lead master 2,5 (pull)
Prescence: 4
I never record reverb, I add it after in mix.
GEQ:
80 hz raised to top line
750 to the bottom line
6600 slightly raised, depending on mic position.
I use 4x12 recto cab with vintage 30's.

Thank you tony! Actually I don't play metal but I do the 80s high gain thing a lot. I also don't have an eq on mine (but I don't play metal anyway). What do you recommend for power tubes in a 60 watter, and if I want eq options, is there a pedal eq you can recommend to get me close to the eq'd mark IIc+ sound?

As GTS' post the Sylvania's is great, and is also known as Mesa STR 415.
For my 60w non-eq C+ I use the boss geq7 in the loop and it works great, though I have heard people complain that it's a noisy box, so you need to find out yourself. What you pay for is what you get. But do get one and your C+ tonal journey will get even bigger and you will get that big tight bottom.

Latest posts

Back