Mark IIB Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitapik

Reaction score
I've mostly used the clean channel on my 1980 Mark IIB. Never really got too into the distortion 'till I got some new settings from some players on line. Now I feel like I've got a new amp. It's incredible.

So...anybody got a setting(s) they love? Here's a nice one for distortion:

Volume 1 at 8, bass at 4.5, mids at 5, and treble at 7. I set the lead drive to 9, the master to about 3 and pull the lead master bright and dime it. I use the graphic Eq to scoop out some of the mids for heavy palm mute stuff. I also usually run the amp in 60watt mode so I can get some power tube breakup. With these settings I get a very different distortion sound. It is heavily distorted, yet all of the notes ring out in each chord. The only problem is that at these settings the clean is a little dirty, but that is what the volume control is for right?

By the last sentence, he's talking about the feature where you can run the send of a volume pedal into the return of the effects loop and get on the fly gain control. I've tried this and, for some reason, am only getting a very tinny, weak signal that does, indeed, go from clean to crunch. Just nothing I can personally use, at the moment. Will probably bring to my techie unless someone here can give me a tip or two about that feature?

Latest posts

Back