Mark IIB and 50 Cal + questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budda

Reaction score
OK folks,

One of my best friends has found some decent mesa amps for sale.

Some quick questions:

There's a Mark II B for sale local to him, $1200CAD - he wants to know if this is a "jump on that!" price or not. I told him to go test it out regardless.

There is a 50 Cal + for $650CAD that is not local to him, and we're wondering if this is a good price. I'm also wondering what the voicing is on these in comparison to other mesa amps.

Thanks for your help guys!

I think that's a little high for a Mark IIB. I heard you could get them under $900.

But then again, I'm not sure. It could be a 300 Series. Or hardwood cabinet or fully loaded graphic EQ, Rev. and EVM-12L.

The person is selling it is probably based that's its "vintage". I don't know. Need more information.

I love my 50+ and think it is an under rated Boogie in my opinion. Go to my bands link at the bottom. All the clips you hear are the 50+ in the studio as well as live. All guitars were Gibson of some sort if that helps.

both prices seem to be on the high side. I got my last .50Cal+ head for $400.00, it need new caps and ldr's, and a basic going through. So keep that in mind.

Back