Mark I value?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaypunch

Reaction score
Just curious what the opinion is on the value of this Mark I that I am looking at-

-76'ish (I don't know the s/n yet)
-Blonde tolex w/ tan grille
-60/100
-EQ on front
-No reverb
-EV speaker
-Excellent condition, a couple of small nicks in the tolex

I would be more interested if it had a hardwood cab although you don't see many with EQ.

Thanks.

Their price range varies quite a bit, mainly because they do not pop up that often for sale. The EQ option is somewhat rare on the MkI. The last loaded black tolex head that I saw on Ebay went for about $1500, i think. It was super clean and almost an exact replica of mine. The hardwood cabs for these things are also super rare, as they have a wider bolt pattern than the later MkIIB,C,MkIII, MkIV, and MkI re-issue. With a good quality OD pedal these amps can get very close to the C+ single note lead tone, but are a bit looser during the rhythm playing. They are great for the "in between" gain sounds, though. :D

JOEY B. said:
Their price range varies quite a bit, mainly because they do not pop up that often for sale. The EQ option is somewhat rare on the MkI. The last loaded black tolex head that I saw on Ebay went for about $1500, i think. It was super clean and almost an exact replica of mine. The hardwood cabs for these things are also super rare, as they have a wider bolt pattern than the later MkIIB,C,MkIII, MkIV, and MkI re-issue. With a good quality OD pedal these amps can get very close to the C+ single note lead tone, but are a bit looser during the rhythm playing. They are great for the "in between" gain sounds, though. :D

Do you know if the re-issue is the same amp in all parts (circuity, transformer..)? I already tried (few years ago) the old mark I (combo) and i'm dreaming about this amp since that time.

Latest posts

Back