Mark I reissue question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keef

Reaction score
Probably at least 10 or 15 years ago I can’t remember for sure when it was, I purchased a Mark one re-issue with matching cab from Guitar Center in Fountain Valley, California. This collector or investor guy came in and unloaded a bunch of amps and I just happen to be there a few hours after he left. I saw this Mark I reissue with the matching cab and fell in love with it and purchased it on the spot. I have no idea when the amp was made, but it has an interesting handwritten identification on the back of the amp that has the letters NAMMK-1. My guess is that this was a NAMM show prototype, but I’m not 100% sure. I guess I’m hoping that somebody here will see this that used to work at Mesa Boogie or knows someone I can ask about this. The amp and the matching cabinet are Bubinga wood with the wicker grill as you can see in the pictures.

IMG_1981.png

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

Thanks! Faithful reproduction of the amp that made Carlos Santana famous😄

Probably at least 10 or 15 years ago I can’t remember for sure when it was, I purchased a Mark one re-issue with matching cab from Guitar Center in Fountain Valley, California. This collector or investor guy came in and unloaded a bunch of amps and I just happen to be there a few hours after he left. I saw this Mark I reissue with the matching cab and fell in love with it and purchased it on the spot. I have no idea when the amp was made, but it has an interesting handwritten identification on the back of the amp that has the letters NAMMK-1. My guess is that this was a NAMM show prototype, but I’m not 100% sure. I guess I’m hoping that somebody here will see this that used to work at Mesa Boogie or knows someone I can ask about this. The amp and the matching cabinet are Bubinga wood with the wicker grill as you can see in the pictures.

View attachment 4639
View attachment 4638
View attachment 4641
View attachment 4640
What a work of art!!! :D

Last edited:
What a beautiful amp & cab you have ! I bought one around 7 years ago with the wicker front and just a regular blonde cabinet. It's way overkill for a "bedroom amp" but sure is nice to plug into and look at everyday. I might get an attenuator for it and hear what it sounds like.

Back