Mark For Blues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesCarr

Reaction score
Any settings for Blues or even blues rock I know old boring but I have to start somewhere after 23 years of not playing most any thing :roll: I suffered form terminal players block and the mortgage blues :wink: two kids and a wife talk about commitments :shock:

Welcome back to the Real World!

I know the feeling. I can't directly help wiht Mark IV settings (although I am really thinking that will be my next amp). I have found with my LSC that the manual was a great place to start. They have it available online too. I also found that the controls are very sensitive and you really need to dedicate some time and patience to finding the right dial in. Once you get there it is really worth it.

Take a look at the settings link off of the home page for this forum. There may be something there for you to start with.

My Mk IV is the most versatile amp I have had the pleasure to own, Cybertwin, original silver-face Deluxe reverb, Blues Jr Deluxe, MB Maverick & MK-IIb and I tried many other amps (1x12 or 2x12 Combos)before finally settling for it. The lone star series was very very nice while I tried them but this MkIV came up, 6 Mos old barely used, for 1400.00 it was one of the first amp types I looked at when I started shopping again a year ago.
Anyway :lol:
Since my original post I've tried several settings from the grailtone website and the manual 8) "When all else fails read/follow the instruction manual" :oops: :?
Whoa :!: between the amp and my axes I could spend endless hours experimenting with strictly tone and practically no effects (reverb and echo only, set minimum to get a larger room effect). As soon as I can get the confidence I will post settings for blues.
When you have the cake I can recommend buy a Mark IV- definitely, I'm hoping in a year + or so to get a LSS, maybe.

What kind of blues are you looking for?

Are you looking to play leads or just basic blues riffage?

I find the clean channel with the gain up at least halfway and pulled, treble about 9, bass about 4, mids about 6-7, presence dimed, master about halfway up, eq set on a slight incline from middle line on far left to top line on far right with the 750 dropped one line from the center to give an interesting cleanish lead for blues. Triode, Harmonics, Tweed, Output on 2, Reverb off. I have been using this setting for a couple weeks just screwing around with some bluesy licks. With a little chorus it sounds pretty good. It is not phenomenal but with a Les Paul it sounds ok especially in the neck pickup.

i really like the 2nd channel (RHY 2) for blues. I usually run the amp in tweed / class a for this type of sound. i put the gain at about 6 with the knob pulled. that should get you started with a more overdriven blues sound. russ' settings will work good for a cleaner, 'SRV' type of sound

Latest posts

Back