mark 4 power question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
hey guys...is it possible to still get big bottom end running the mark 4 on tweed power...with class a and triode configuration?

use the graphic EQ to push the bottom up a ton...should sound pretty good..try the V but push the 80 and 6600 full i mean all the way..and the mid nearly at the bottom.. the 240 and 2200 to taste.. should do it..

All great suggestions.....I throw in the fact that the cab/and speakers will have a lot to do with the low end.

My Recto 2x12 cab, for example, fills in the low end nicely when I'm running Class A/Tweed.

Speaking of cabinets...would a recto 2x12 closed back cabinet give more bottom end than the ported 1x12 Thiele with a C90 in it?

I love the tightness of my MKIV but it would be nice to be able to open it up a bit with more bottom end and a looser feel. more like a C+

A good cabinet... maybe even the Genz Benz G Flex...with the MKIV in tweed with a Dimarzio Breed pup in the bridge position of my strat should get me into the neighborhood.

I'm still convinced the best cab around is a Standard Rectifier 412.
Still, I play in a very loud band and push the amp to its limit in Tweed/Class A/Triode. This **** up my RhyI and RhyII, but my Lead is just too sweet to me. But even, playing at pretty low volume and with the EQ runned in the classic V, the amp blows.

Latest posts

Back