Mark 4 lead and clean channel switching at gigs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Ant

Reaction score
I've just recently got a mark 4 and I'm super happy with it.
I'm playing my first gig where I'm going to have to switch between lead and clean.
Now I don't have a working foot switch (but could build one easily enough) so I haven't really played around with switching between channels once or twice and what I did notice was that the volumes were all over the shop as to how I had my lead settings.
My questions are:

Is there a way these two channels can work together?
I want to keep my lead channel with the settings that I have now but when i did switch to clean in my past experiences it wasn't good.

What do I need to do in order to do this if it's possible?

Cheers

Since the lead and clean have their own gain, bass, mid and treble controls, once you set your master, a volume setting of say 4 on lead will not equal a 4 on clean. If that's what your getting at. You have to set them by ear. I find that the lead is always running higher than the clean channel. Most likely b/c of the gain and drive settings pushing the volume. You can set your master a bit higher and then keep the lead channel volume lower to compensate. This way you can drive the clean volume (& gain) higher to match.

I hope I am understanding your question.

swbo101 said:
Since the lead and clean have their own gain, bass, mid and treble controls, once you set your master, a volume setting of say 4 on lead will not equal a 4 on clean. If that's what your getting at. You have to set them by ear. I find that the lead is always running higher than the clean channel. Most likely b/c of the gain and drive settings pushing the volume. You can set your master a bit higher and then keep the lead channel volume lower to compensate. This way you can drive the clean volume (& gain) higher to match.

I hope I am understanding your question.

I do it essentially the same way.

Its a balancing act between the the 3 channel masters and the master output.

I usually set up the amp on channel R2 against the master output first and then dial in R1 and LD.

Makes R2 much more usable that way.

Latest posts

Back