Mark 4/g major more questions...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normandk7

Reaction score
I everybody,
I've been reading a lot on the boogie board and the article about the g major with the mark 4 hit me.

So , i've been using a rocktron replifex with my mark 4 for the last 15 years.
I'm very please with the rocktron but i have to dance to change my sound (2 footswitchs)..and it's not always possible live!!!

Some questions for you on the board:

1- You can change up to 3 sound on the mark 4 with the g major. Is it the same thing with the g major 2 ???
2- On the website of TC , the spec of the g major says that you can change up to 4 sound on your combo!!!! Is it the case ????
3-Is someone can compare for me the g major with the replifex???
4-I can probably have a used g major. Is it worth the price difference to buy me a g major 2 ???
And is the a big difference between the 1 and the 2 ????

Hope i don't ask to much guys but i'll appreciate your comment.
Bye and thanks,
Normand C.

I had A Rocktron Multivalve (basiclly a replifex) and a g-major 2 and You can switch up to 3 channels with the rocktron and both G-majors.

The G-major 2 is really nice and is an improvement over the G-major 1. The G-major 2 sounds a little bit better then the replifex IMO and the delays and reverbs are an improvement, but rocktron stuff is very nice. I wouldnt get a G-major 1 they are pron to problems

If you don't have a midi board get one and you can program all your sounds and switch channels all you need is a stereo Y cable from the rocktron to your amp.

I wouldnt get rid of the replifex for a g-major 1 the 2 has some nice options but if you like the replifex i would keep it and put your money somewhere else IMO

Some Midi board options
Voodoo lab ground control Pro
Liquid foot
RJM mastermind
Rocktron midimate
Rocktron All axess

Eh...
You think i can swich my mark 4 with my replifex???
I have a midi pedalboard. I already swich my replifex with it.

The replifex has channel switiching its just like the multivalve - the tube. Run a Y cable from the switch out the back of the replifex, 1 end too rhythme 1 and 1 too rhythme 2. you may have to experiment with R1 & R2 or R2 & R3. see which channel the MIV defaults to, I think you leave the mode switch on the back of the amp to footswitch or R1.

You will need to select your channel switch options under your preset on the replifex your options are on or off for both channel 1 and 2 and having both off gives you your 3rd channel which should be the default on the MIV.

Currently I dont have my setup running this way anymore but when i did it worked perfect and i could switch between all 3 channels on my Mark IV. You will need to setup each bank on the replifex like this to tell it which channel you want.

OK...I will try it this weekend.
I check the channel switching on my replifex and it's like you explain to me.
Now, it's time to buy a Y cable.
Bye and thanks a lot for your help
Normand.

It works!!!!!
It was incredebly easy to make it works and it works pretty well.
I'm plugging my 2 1/4 jacks in my channel 1 and 3 and i set it on footswich.
The only thing is that i have to let the footswich plug in the amp and set to channel 2 (the orange one)
Maybe there's another way to do it but i didn't find it yet....
Thanks a lot cause i was looking for a g major to be able to change amp channel but i was not aware that i could do it with my replifex....
I love my replifex and ...i just put a little 500$ on my back pucket...
One more time...thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Back