Mark 4 EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianf

Reaction score
How many of you leave the EQ on all the time?

I found a really nice setting for the clean channel that works on orange and red so I just leave it on all the time.

Just curious if others do as well.

brianf

I set mine for a flat boost and use it for a footswitchable solo boost when needed.

Never used it much before.

I use to always leave it on. Now I only use it as a boost for solos. I'm getting a much rounder tone with it off. ( not scooped, I should say)

I prefer to use an MXR 10 band eq in the loop instead so the internal GEQ doesn't get used much at all.

always on.

I have an ART 31-band rackmount EQ...that, I really dont know why I bought. But I never use the rackmount eq....but, when messing around with it, it really gives my tone a nice smoothness.

Always on for R2 and Lead. Never on for R1. I find that if I use the GEQ as a mid cut/scoop (as I do for R2 & L), the clean sounds much better with its natural mids.

I wish there was an independent bass knob for R1, though, since I have yet to find a good R2 setting with bass more than 2. R1 with low gain and bright pulled sounds great with more bass - even up around 5.

brianf said:
How many of you leave the EQ on all the time?

I found a really nice setting for the clean channel that works on orange and red so I just leave it on all the time.

Just curious if others do as well.

brianf

I can't live without the EQ section, I'm serious, I don't like the sound without EQ after I've been playing with it! :lol:

I know your asking about the Mark IV specifically, but my DC-5 has the same EQ basically...

I leave it on all the time for dirt, its switched off for cleans. Set for
a V but with the high mids and highs pushed a little further up than
the lows.

Latest posts

Back