Mark 3 Red Stripe r2 Volume mod question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundtavian

Reaction score
Greetings! I'm about to perform the R2 volume mod to my Mark III Red Stripe. It has an EQ, Reverb, and is sweetly surrounded by white tolex. It, as you all know, is incredibly loud and weighs a ton. Anyway, I have found numerous help on how to perform this mod, and have even talked to Mike B. down at Mesa ... he promised to walk me through it over the phone. My problem is that I work all day and am not able to talk to him while performing the mod. I'm looking for any pics out there that highlight this mod with the red stripe.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason , a month or so ago there is a thread and discussion with detailed photo's and instructions for , (pause for effect ) " THE PROCEDURE "
I'd suggest backtracking . You'll be :D you did .

Wow, Mike B. offered to "walk you" though the steps?!!! Last time I called to ask for MKIII-related questions, one of the "techs" (who couldn't answer my specific questions!!) had to relay the qs to Mike, and I got Mike's responses (from the said tech) later, via email! The stated reason was "Mike's a very busy guy and in high demand from everyone" ...OK, that part I get. You obviously rate better than I :)

Yeah, look in the archives. Lots there. I know as I had performed my R2 pot mod a few months ago and it's a breeze, especially with the pics! Kudos to all those here that helped toss in :D

Edward

Yeah, Mike B. was a really gracious guy. From all the praise this site gives him I was surprised I was able to talk to him.

As a matter of fact, I have researched the archives on this subject. Mike told me that the redstripe mod is a bit different. I am supposed to pull 2 wires from the r130. I have pictures for a purple stripe ... but it's different.

Anyway, I'll just take a day off work and give Mesa a call. Thanks.

Another discussion on this very subject is on-going at this link:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17924

So different Stripe versions of the amps may or may not have different procedures? Or maybe the Red Stripe is unique and all the other's the same?

I have a Black Cross/Stripe on it's way here TODAY (come ON UPS!!!!) and I'll be doing this mod in short order so I'll report back my results once I open up the chassis and do the surgery; mine is a long head so I'll use the now empty Reverb slot in the back of the chassis for the R2 Volume Pot.

Andrew
Drew816

Latest posts

Back