Mark 2C catalogue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

smiley-excited002.gif
smiley-excited002.gif
smiley-excited002.gif

smiley-love008.gif
smiley-love008.gif
smiley-love008.gif

..the cream tolex short head on the top look exactly like both my III's.. :mrgreen:

~Nep~

"Here's a boogie that didn't make it. It was run over by a truck when it fell out of someone's trailer. We can only imagine what kind of damage occurred to the truck!"

That is great! It shows how well these things are really built!

Zooming in close, the circuit block diagram at the bottom of Page 2 is for the IIC+ and not the IIC. Yet, this brochure clearly title "IIC".

Now I'm no expert in Mesa Boogie product literature, but I've never seen any Mesa material that makes a distinction between the IIC+ and the IIC. Sure, maybe the difference in the lead tone could be written off as a mere revoicing during the IIC's life, but I think that the effects loop in the IIC+ behaves very very differently (ie better) than the IIC. To me, it actually counts as a feature change.

Anyways, it's always cool to see these kind of odd personality quirks in smallish companies.

Chip

chipaudette said:
Zooming in close, the circuit block diagram at the bottom of Page 2 is for the IIC+ and not the IIC. Yet, this brochure clearly title "IIC".

Now I'm no expert in Mesa Boogie product literature, but I've never seen any Mesa material that makes a distinction between the IIC+ and the IIC. Sure, maybe the difference in the lead tone could be written off as a mere revoicing during the IIC's life, I think that the effects loop behaves very very differently. To me, it actually counts as a feature change.

Anyways, it's always cool to see these kind of odd personality quirks in smallish companies.

Chip

You are very correct, Chip. That is a IIC+, as all the pictures (except for the long/Coliseum heads, since there are discrepancies there) have a "Pull Deep" control on the master, where as a IIC would have a "Gain Boost" control. The IIC+ also has the modified FX loop, which takes dry signal from V1, and re-inserts it right after the reverb circuit, in other words, the FX are completely unaffected by the gain controls. However, I did not see any +'s above the power cords... :|

If I may offer a small correction, the IIC+ effects loop comes after the first V2 stage and not the V1 stages. And actually, on my amp, the "first" V2 stage is actually V2B (meaning pins 6, 7, 8), not V2A as shown in the schematics on the web.

Furthermore, the IIC+ effects loop (I believe) comes just after the reverb (not in parallel), so it's actually wet, not dry.

The original IIC effects loop, by comparison, comes off V1B and runs in parallel to the reverb.

Small details...we agree on the key points...mainly that the IIC+ effects loop is not affected by the gain settings and that the IIC+ effects loop is after (not before!) the lead circuit. The original IIC (IMHO) got it totally and badly wrong on both of these counts.

Chip

chipaudette said:

Furthermore, the IIC+ effects loop (I believe) comes just after the reverb (not in parallel), so it's actually wet, not dry.

This makes sense, because when I put the ISP Decimator noise gate in the loop, it chokes out the reverb decay. This does not occur on the Electra-Dyne.

Notice that the pic of the head on the half-stack has the silver tipped knobs. All the rest have black knobs per the standard IIC dress.

Were there any IIC's that had silver knobs? Didn't silver knobs end with the IIB?

Chip

chipaudette said:
Notice that the pic of the head on the half-stack has the silver tipped knobs. All the rest have black knobs per the standard IIC dress.

Were there any IIC's that had silver knobs? Didn't silver knobs end with the IIB?

Chip

Yes sir, that silver knob in the photo is a IIB and was the last to use them. Why the heck is it in that picture ?

gts said:
There are many anomalies. IIC's with a Pull Deep face plate and IIC+'s with a Gain Boost face plate.
Many IIC+ "Big Brother" Combos (15" speaker) had Gain Boost face plates.

Mesa never differentiated the IIC between a C and a C+ in their literature. It was a Mark IIC.
(Quite honestly I don't think Mesa ever differentiated the MKIII's with the various "stripes" in any of their literature either.)

Photi G you may want to reread the 'Mark IIC+ - Guide for Dummies': http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18184

Thanks George, I've read that thread already, I'm just speaking in general here, as to not derail the thread.

Latest posts

Back