Mark 2B 60w, custom strat (highway star cover)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
hi-
i'm new here, but my good ole boogie's been kicking it since 1981.

here are some pics, and links to some tunes that were cut with the boogie..

tunes:
my band is called 'Bat's Brew'. i'm a signed artist with an independent label called PLANET RECORDS.....
Bat's Brew 'trouble' album link:
http://tinyurl.com/2zfm45

here's a cover of the classic deep purple tune "HIGHWAY STAR"
this was a 'just for fun' cover!
highway star link:
http://tinyurl.com/h4ncq

and some pics:

isocabopenzr6.jpg

the demeter has speakers That change, in and out... celestion vintage 30, eminence L122, and Carvin British series

the 'Cream Machine'
creammachinefq0.jpg

The higway star cover is something of SPECTACULAR!!!!!
great great tones, great playing...
Good work man!!!

Hey gonzo great to see you over here! :D
I bought your cd from you a while ago.
This forum is great! People are totally cool and a ton of info.
For all you Boogie people... gonzo straight up rocks! Give him a listen. You will enjoy!

Excellent job on HIGHWAY STAR!
one of my all time fav!

Peace out Bro! 8)

Nice job on Highway Star. That Strat is pretty nice. What is that p'up in the bridge?

massydual

wow, man, thanks for the kind words!
it was fun doing this cover..
really put me into 'school' mode, if you know what i mean.

Spirithunter
i should have been here all along!
i've been preaching the boogie gospel for, ****, what is it, 26 years!!
LOL
i guarantee, i've sold a good percentage of boogies, from all the good folk i met on the road for years and years, who asked about it, and i've told em!!
LOL
thanks for the props, and thanks for supporting a 'virtual-local' musician!

russ
this strat, i built last year, from all USACG parts...
the pickups, are bill lawrence...
L-280s in the front and middle, L500L in the bridge.
it's really too hot, for an authentic strat tone...
the neck and middle, are fine, as stacked humbuckers, for copping the single coil quack, but the bridge is hardcore.
i just very might pull that humbucker out, and make this guitar all single coil, block the trem out, and make it a hard tail.
i think that'd dial it in just right.

these pickups, love the boogie.
it's a good match.

gonzo said:
it's really too hot, for an authentic strat tone...
the neck and middle, are fine, as stacked humbuckers, for copping the single coil quack, but the bridge is hardcore.
i just very might pull that humbucker out, and make this guitar all single coil, block the trem out, and make it a hard tail.
i think that'd dial it in just right.

these pickups, love the boogie.
it's a good match.

Did you think about a Q-filter? With this you could nail the single coil sound easily with your humbucker...that's what i got on my guitar.

Just wanna share...there's a strat(in E flat) with 2X L-280 and a L-290, very versatile with a Q-filter on the bridge(and middle pup when both selected) the L200's seems interesting too...
000_0001.jpg
000_0004-1.jpg

This one( in 440hrtz) got a L-500R and L-500XL and Q-filter on both pups and the one made of zebra wood (in D) got a L-600XL now(not shown on the picture) very good for lead and heavy sound, even better than L-500
000_0001-1.jpg
000_0010.jpg

Both are one piece neck. Guess it will be moved...the temptation was too strong!

KDS
thanks man! the boogie helped a lot! hehe

soundpurist
"Did you think about a Q-filter?"

hehehe... that's what the 2nd knob on my strat controls.

all i have, is one master vol. the 2nd knob is a q filter, just for the humbucker.

you know, of course, i tried that setting...and full on, it just didn't sound right either...

as it is, i probably had the Q dialed back about halfway..
usually, i don't bother even trying to explain what the "Q-Filter" is, cuz unless your a lawrence fan, or a tinkerer, or dr. frankenstein, most people's eyes glaze over when i try to explain it!
:D

awesome gits!!
another lawrence fan, i see.
LOL

i may go with that 298 in the bridge, instead of the 500L.... in which case, i'll leave the Q in, and buy another one to go wherever the 500L goes to...
thanks for sharing.

gonzo said:
...awesome gits!!
another lawrence fan, i see.
LOL

i may go with that 298 in the bridge, instead of the 500L.... in which case, i'll leave the Q in, and buy another one to go wherever the 500L goes to...
thanks for sharing.

Thanks, man...last time i didn't listen your whole DP cover's clip, now i did and you fucking rule! Nice playing, nice recording...everything is nice from the amp to the pickups! LOL...

Here's the missing pictures in the right section...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=100250#100250

soundpurist!
awesome pics!
i had a custom strat once, with a zebrawood neck. that had a real neat feel to it.... hand carved...

mesanomad100
thanks for checking it out...

gonzo said:
soundpurist!
awesome pics!
i had a custom strat once, with a zebrawood neck. that had a real neat feel to it.... hand carved...

mesanomad100
thanks for checking it out...

Cool, never heard about a neck made of zebrawood before...the body of mine is half mahogany and maple. Edited: now i've check, it's not really half(front side is maple):
000_0001-2.jpg

Paul Secondino
hey, thanks for listening..
but which tune were you referring to?

the boogie with the el84's was only used on the purple tune.

all the "Trouble" cd song links were pure boogie/6L6's, miced up with a roland 1x12 cab and greenbacks.

OK, finished a new mix of the highway star cover last night.

sending it off to get a 'pro' to master it, then will post.

I've heard those BR speakers from Carvin (Eminence makes 'em) are pretty sweet. Would you concur?

thanks devilrob!

yep, those carvin british series, actually sound very similar to the celestion 80 watters, to me...
they aren't so good low volume, sound better the louder you go....

Back