• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Make my Roadster Brighter

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotts

Reaction score
I recently picked up a roadster. So far I am pretty happy with the amp. I've read that some people say it's a little darker. I'll agree in that I have by bass set to 8:00 and my treble on 3:00. Does anyone have any advice on what can be done to brighten it up a little?

Mine came stock with JJs in the preamp. I replaced the V1 with a Tung-Sol and it woke the amp up. I was surprised at how much it opened the sound up. I like the results so much I haven't bothered to touch the rest of the preamp tubes.

Your mileage may vary. For all I know my results could've been abnormally good.

Thanks screamingdaisy. I hope it's as simple as that. I haven't had it long enough to start making crazy mods.

Yeah, a brighter preamp tube in V1 can make a noticeable difference! JJs are rather dark (I like them and use them all the time, but they're dark). Tung-Sol is a good choice for bright. So is 9th Gen Chinese.

Maybe I'm having a "slow day" but I opened the roaster manual on the site to confirm the V1 position and unlike my lonestar manual, the roadster manual doesn't seem to contain a diagram of the tube positions. Am I missing something?

I think this thread is in the wrong sub forum...Forum admin, what do you think?

dee0en said:
I think this thread is in the wrong sub forum...Forum admin, what do you think?

Definitely a slow day. Sorry about that. Thanks for the input screamingdaisy.

Latest posts

Back