lss to rk11

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.h

Reaction score
i wounder if any body can help me decide here. i have a lss 2x12 and just love that class a sound. but now i am thinking of getting a rk11 after reading up on the rk11 it has the lone star sound in it i guess the lsc sound but with two 6l6 and two el34 would i get close to a class a lss sound if so then i would think i would trade my lss in on a rk11 to me this is unthinkable but if i can get that sound or better i know my lss will be just sitting around

Not IMHO. For starters, the LSS and LSC sound completely different despite the similar layout.

I've had the LSS for about 2 month --gigging the heck out of it before I returned it to GC. I really loved the sound of it...but headroom was an issue...Then I purchased a LSC 2x12; have now gigged with it about2 times.

I purchased the LSC to hold me over until the RK II get's here. I plan to extensively A/B both amps to determine if it's worth keeping the LSC or moving it.

I think you may get closer to the LSS if you replaced 2 of the RK II's 6L6s with Yellow Jackets EL84s (may void warranty, though)

In the end, I hope to streamline my amp stable to just 3: RK II, LSS and Subway Rocket.

yes jazzgear you are right about head room i find if i do a outside gig and play for more than a hour channel 1 seams to get muddy and loose some of its clarity and becomes muddy you have to put it on standby between sets.this one of the reasons i am looking towards a rk11

Back