LSS Solo Switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarbuff

Reaction score
Hey! This might be a stupid question, but I'm checking here before calling Boogie.

The solo switch on my LSS footswitch isn't working. I've got the mini-toggle on the back of the head switched to Loop In and I've played with the level. The channel switch works. Besides the switch being bad, is there any other reason why the solo footswitch wouldn't work?

BTW, the rig is only 7 months old.

Thanks!

Did you check it with a different cable? I had this happen to mine after two months; it was the cable.

On my LSC this happened a few times too and I think the cable came loose JUST ENOUGH from the pedal. I gave it a nice strong tap all the way in, and it works again.

I made sure there was a good tight connection. It’s possible, as GeoBull said, that the cable is bad. Seems that would be the next thing to check. However, would the channel switch work and not the solo switch if the cable is bad? I guess it’s possible.

If you have the master volume all the way up, the solo control has no where to go. The master needs to be at noon or below to have any real affect.

I've got the master at 10 O'clock and the solo at 12 O'clock - I've even cranked the solo knob to the max. I've used the footswitch many times ... the light on the footswitch doesn't come on when I engage the solo button. The channel light does work and the amp switches when it's engaged...

Guitarbuff said:
However, would the channel switch work and not the solo switch if the cable is bad? I guess it’s possible.

I should have been clearer in my post. This is the exact thing that happened to me: When stepped on: Channel switch worked and light lit up (for channel switch), When stepped on: Solo switch didn't work and light didn't light up (for solo switch)

Thanks GeoBull. I've got some soldering to do! The blue lead on one end has broken off. I should be good to go after I get it reconnected.

The same thing gas happened to mine. Solo knob turned higher than output, but when pressing the solo button on the pedal...nothing!! I will follow some of the advice here. If I change the cable, what cable do I need to replace it with (sorry for such a ignorant question)?? A regular cable as used between guitar and amp?? Also, can there be something inside the pedal loose, such as a connection or something which needs soldering?

Cheers,
Christian

Mesa must have gotten a s..t batch of cables in at some point, because the exact same thing happened to my FS cable for my Stiletto

The cable used for the footswitch is a TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) 1/4" male to 1/4" male cable. These are pretty easy to find at a music store or on line. Here's one link:

http://www.cablemeister.com/Products/1-4-TRS-Male-to-1-4-TRS-Male/25ft-PRO-AUDIO-CABLE-1-4in-TRS-MALE-to-1-4in-TRS-MALE

Latest posts

Back