LSS Reverb Lag?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjomark

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a LSS (used), and everything rocks - except I have one question. Since it has independant reverb for each channel, if I keep the levels the same I would expect it to be consistent across. However, when I switch from channel to channel I notice that there's a 2-3s lag before the reverb kicks in on the channel (it actually goes completely dry for the first couple seconds).

Is this normal? Does anyone else's amp do this?

Thanks!
Mark

The reverb is probably cutting off the signal (no tail/bleedthrough) from the one channel, and resetting it's signal, so there's probably not a lag, just no tail or bleedthrough from one channel to the other, but then again if it's 2-3 seconds..... that seems awfully long.

Thanks guys - it sounds like it's *probably* normal, but maybe worth giving mesa a call. Thanks for the input (and the welcome).

m

Randall Smith talked about this in an article on the Boogie Website awhile back... That is one of the complaints about the amp.... but apparently it as intentional but I can't remember why. The Class A article might get into it...but it looks like some of the articles have changed or were replaced.... Check it out. The other option is to phone them... I've called them before and they are really nice there and will explain anything about your amp.

It IS intentional. This paragraph is taken from the GuitarPlayer Review of the Lonestar 1x12 from Mesa's website:

The only thing that may be strange for some players is that a timed mute with delay kills the reverb for about three seconds when you switch between channels. Boogie patented this feature to prevent “ reverb backwash” when, say , switching from a raging lead tone to a rhythm setting. While this makes perfect sense—as it prevents situations where “ghosted” reverberant notes from your solo make all kinds of mess around your very sensitive verse melody—some of the GP editors weren’t comfortable with the reverb going away and then sneaking back.

Latest posts

Back