LSS footswitch oddness... Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talus

Reaction score
I'm having a downright bizzare problem with the footswitch included with my LSS.

The cable it came with is definely buggered. It used to work fine, but now it will only switch on and off the solo mode, and won't respond to the channel switch. If I fiddle with where it makes the connection to the amp, eventually it will work, but even the slightest bump will cause it to stop working all over again.

No problem right, just grab a new cord and we're all set... Right? No. I used one of my spare cords and presto, I can now change between the A/B channels. Great, except now I can no longer get the solo button to work. I've tried every chord I have, and the solo button will not work with any of them except the one supplied with the amp.

What on earth is this all about? Do I need a special chord for the footswitch or something?

The cable needs to be a TRS (stereo) cable. A standard guitar cable will not allow both functions.

yep, that's right. gotta be a stereo cable. it's either the cable, or one of your jacks (amp or footswitch) is shot. given that you can get it to intermittently connect while fiddling with the amp jack, that's likely the one if it's not the cable.

talus. i have a lss and only had it for about two weeks and had the exact same problem it was the right angled jack that plugs into the foot pedal part of the soldering had came off thats all it took not five minutes to fix!

Latest posts

Back